Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 04:53:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: I still can`t Play?? Bon Voyage Problems  (Read 6036 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Missaldith

View Profile WWW
« on: October 24, 2007, 01:47:21 pm »

It would be great if someone could help me solving this problem. I have just moved a new family into a new house. Suddently the game froze and I could do nothing but switch it off the hard way. Ctrl+Alt+Delete and then end.

Now when I start up my game it goes ok untill I choose a family, then the harddrive is working and working without getting nowhere. I only see the familyname and around the pointing arrow small rays or lines.  I can`t play the game. Do you have any idea what I shall do??

I have all EP`s
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 10:55:01 am by Missaldith » Logged

freshsfs2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 08:58:58 pm »

Try extracting them from the house the use clean installer to delete that house. It may be the house is corrupt. Is it a house you downloaded? If you can't extract them from the house that way with out the game crashing them move them into another house with another family the have them move out. This seems to work without having to kill your sims. To search for that house in clean installer go to sims 2-EA games-specific neighborhood they live in-lots. a picture will come up of that paticular house delete it from there and it will be gone. Just move sims out first.

The American ideal, after all, is that everyone should be as much alike as possible.  James Baldwin
Missaldith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 09:19:58 am »

Quote from: freshsfs2003;1004498
Try extracting them from the house the use clean installer to delete that house. It may be the house is corrupt. Is it a house you downloaded? If you can't extract them from the house that way with out the game crashing them move them into another house with another family the have them move out. This seems to work without having to kill your sims. To search for that house in clean installer go to sims 2-EA games-specific neighborhood they live in-lots. a picture will come up of that paticular house delete it from there and it will be gone. Just move sims out first.

Thank you very much. I will try to do that. The problem is only that family and yes it`s a house I downloadet.

Missaldith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 10:54:30 am »

I moved the family to the bin and deleted the house. Now I have the same problem with already existing families in the neighbourghood. How can I delete the neighbourghood? I have named it HollyHills but I can`t find it in any folder. The other neighbourghoods I have is ok and I can play there but in HollyHills I have the most families. Please help. I appreciate if you can.

miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 11:41:03 am »

Use SimPE's Neighborhood Browser to find out which neighborhood HollyHills is in (N001, N002, etc.).  Then you can go to the Neighborhoods folder and delete it.

Before you delete it, a) back up the neighborhood and b) try evicting all the families and move them back into other houses.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Missaldith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 04:18:04 pm »

Quote from: miros1;1005088
Use SimPE's Neighborhood Browser to find out which neighborhood HollyHills is in (N001, N002, etc.).  Then you can go to the Neighborhoods folder and delete it.

Before you delete it, a) back up the neighborhood and b) try evicting all the families and move them back into other houses.

Thank you. I must download SimPe first. Will the folder create itself after being deleted?? like thumnails and Groups Cache?? Maybe a dumb question but I`m always afraid to do something wrong according to the game:)

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 07:44:29 pm »

Missaldith - do I understand you correctly, do you have Bon Voyage installed?  If so, I do not think SimPE is compatible with BV as yet Sad

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 10:32:55 pm »

It should still work to bring up the Neighborhood Browser (but not open a neighborhood) and do 'hood backups.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Missaldith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 03:29:38 am »

Quote from: beosboxboy;1005823
Missaldith - do I understand you correctly, do you have Bon Voyage installed?  If so, I do not think SimPE is compatible with BV as yet Sad

Yes, I have Bon Voyage installed

Can you tell me why my sims suddently looks so as on the thumbnailpic?? It goes on and off all the time. It happened also before I installed BV

* Sims2EP6 2007-10-25 13-56-45-18.jpg (85.03 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 313 times.)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 03:38:56 am by Missaldith » Logged

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 05:32:11 am »

blarg - that is some kind of video layering error - I can't guess what is causing that.  It probably has something to do with either Pets EP or Bon Voyage EP - both made significant changes to the manner in which layers work (make-up, eyebrows, etc).

First try updating your video card drivers - then double check to make sure all the fans are working inside the computer

If those don't fix it - you may have to change your game graphic settings to low =(

I am moving your thread to Bon Voyage Help, maybe someone will see the picture and offer a better solution

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Missaldith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 07:21:58 am »

Thank you Beos

dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 01:43:04 pm »

To search for that house in clean installer go to sims 2-EA games-specific neighborhood they live in-lots. a picture will come up of that paticular house delete it from there and it will be gone. Just move sims out first.

freshsfs2003 wow i did not know that info thank you.I usually had to play game move house to the bin and delete it that way.

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 06:38:22 am »

Dont use Simpe, you cant browse the neighbourhood with it.
There is no update yet

No longer active
Missaldith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 07:07:15 am »

I deleted the house. Name of the house is Aussie Fibro.
And Beos, I upgraded my graphic card and...knock knock, I did not have any problems afterwards

Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 08:09:25 am »

maybe you should use disk cleanup to cleanup your hard drive it compress old files?

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: