Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 06:23:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey:Help please!  (Read 4761 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
KatrinaandTiff

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2007, 05:07:14 pm »

How can your sim jump over a balcony and die?I am confused!!Please help!

KatrinaandTiff
xoxoxoxo

Everytime We Touch is a 5 star movie!Best ever!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeKpaZFMsC4
xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 06:15:42 pm »

That can't happen sorry

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
KatrinaandTiff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 10:16:47 pm »

But,then how do they do the movies?I swear!If you have to, check out Youtube and search Sims 2 Bring me to Life,then something with a pink icon.Do I have to give the link?And no mods,I am not advertising. I am trying to prove.And no I am not insulting.I am very happy,yet confused.:0

Everytime We Touch is a 5 star movie!Best ever!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeKpaZFMsC4
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 10:40:57 pm »

It's not possible for a sim to jump off a balcony and die in the game, like Xox said.  It's all about the poses and animations done with the game/mods that the film maker used.  Not only that, there's also the fact that the movie was possibly edited to make that effect using a program like Windows Movie Maker.  

(And I highly doubt the sim died for real, unless the director killed them off themselves afterwards. A lot of people like to keep their sims alive and well... they just give the illusion that they died. Wink )

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 11:49:30 pm »

K&T - the swan dive you talk about is a creative use of animations with a cheat or hacked object or mod of some sort.  the "cut scene" to the tragic mess at the end is just a bit of "post production" work.

Sim movie-makers have a wide array of tools at their disposal besides "principal photography" - some even go so far as to make Sim meshes compatible with The Movies -- another PC game for this sort of work -- (as well as other games like Second Life, Oblivion, etc) and use that game's very capable camera and effects to some good use for their films.

One doesn't necessarily see things in any of these movies that are typical of the game as shipped; but we should be the more amazed and the more thankful for these brilliant magicians with cameras because they accomplish such stunning feats of digital legerdemain

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 04:50:55 am »

Quote from: beosboxboy;1009415

Sim movie-makers have a wide array of tools at their disposal besides "principal photography" - some even go so far as to make Sim meshes compatible with The Movies -- another PC game for this sort of work -- (as well as other games like Second Life, Oblivion, etc) and use that game's very capable camera and effects to some good use for their films.

Does anyone know how this can be done please? Is this referring to just the meshes or the whole sim (skin, clothes and all)? I could really do with this now, so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance Smiley

No requests please
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 07:01:33 am »

It can be done but is a lot of work, you basically convert the meshes and textures to The Movies and then use them like custom content in the game; you'd have to refer to a fan site for The Movies to get details of how it is done; I only know it's possible because I have experimented with Wes_h's Movies plug-in to see if it worked.  However I have seen a fair amount of stuff from The Movies in Sims 2 films, and vice versa, so I know someone is very busy doing this :lol:

The same is true for Oblivion Elder Scrolls and Second Life -- people are doing it back and forth, so there is a lot of overlapping.  It's not like people brag about it, since they often are stealing work from other artists and breakng all manner of game copyrights doing this.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 07:03:49 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
KatrinaandTiff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 09:47:52 pm »

Okay,thanks for the help anyways.I was just watching the movie again.
BTW,why is Photoshop so expensive!My parents will not by me it!I can not even download the 30-day free trial from the original Adobe website.Somebody help me on convincing me and answering my question about the cost.I would love to finally make a great outfit now and then.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 11:27:16 pm »

Not that I'm knocking down Photoshop or anything, (I'd very much prefer it than the ancient photo editing program that I'm using now.... too bad I'm flat out broke at the moment.  :lol: ) but try the less expensive route by downloading GIMP 2.  Unless you're going to be really serious with photo editing and other things later on (post-sims related, etc.) instead of just for the moment, I'd say that GIMP would suit as a nice alternative, and works pretty well once you get used to it.  There's plenty of tutorials on the net that'll help you learn the basics.  :angel:

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 11:41:07 am »

Gimp is pretty miserable for a first time user, very very far from user friendly.  I would say take a look at the first post in this thread and try the other free image editors listed there first: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=19412

If you are a college student or at a large high school, you may qualify for a "student pricing" of Adobe - in most instances the educational version is every bit as good as the "full" version and can be had for a fraction of the cost.  Ask one of the instructors on the art or computer science department to see if your local school system has such an arrangement with software vendors.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 11:43:21 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

abaris

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 02:54:51 pm »

That's OT, but since it has been mentioned, does anyone know of a good movie modding site? I have given up on that game, since activision imposed a rigorose modding ban on the game, thereby killing off the franchise very effectively. And doing a google for "the movies" isn't really helpful either. I only know, that the few half decent movie sites like "movie workshop" closed shop a long time ago.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 03:47:27 pm »

The only active link I still have in my shortcuts are:

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/mods/themovies/mod.html

http://www.zavara.com/

and

http://themovies.filefront.com/

abaris

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 04:18:04 pm »

Thanks, these were unknown to me.
Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 06:55:42 pm »

like me you can use Paint.NET its fairly easy and its totally free.I just love it.Its not as fancy schmancy as all those other photo-editing programs but it feels good to use and you know you are going to learn it all easily.

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
(used to be ShiningStarSim)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: