Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 07:59:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Homes & Community lots won't open after they load  (Read 1611 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« on: November 02, 2007, 03:00:43 pm »

Well as the title says my sims Homes & Community lots won't open after they load and I really want to play my sims.I had recently downloaded houses & community lots from modthesims2.com and thesims2.com.I also recently downloaded some sims from thesims2.com.Please help!

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
(used to be ShiningStarSim)
Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 07:00:28 pm »

anyone?

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 09:14:42 pm »

There's one rule I always give myself, and I hope that some people will do the same at one point:  NEVER download any lot from The Exchange.  You may have downloaded a stray hack when you downloaded those houses and community lots from the official site... some people have never heard of Sim2Pack Clean Installer, and end up packaging every single global mod they have into their lots without even knowing it.  Mod The Sims 2 is okay, since they have a quality filter... but you're taking a big risk when you download lots from the exchange.  

When you run your game the next time, enable debug mode before you go into a lot (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true), then once you enter that lot, if an error box pops up, you can choose "Delete" and hopefully your lot will load like it's supposed to afterwards.  

Also, have you tried running the Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility to see if any mod/hack conflicts come up?  (If you don't have it, you can find it at http://www.simwardrobe.com  Under Sims 2 and Programs)

If no conflicts come up after you use the Hack Conflict Detection Utility, there's also an error log that's created when the error box in the game pops up.  Check out the C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs folder for the most recent error log, and you can attach it to your post to see if someone can figure out which mod could be the problem.  (It's a high possibility you may have downloaded an outdated mod by accident.)

Hope this helps you.  :angel:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 09:18:52 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 09:28:58 pm »

tank you

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 10:14:04 pm »

yay for Tenshii~Akari!Cookies for all.I download it with Sim2Pack Clean Installer I hope I learned my leason i'm now punishing myself by making myself since a silly song lol.I will try all I can but will have to try it out in the afternoon tomorrow(i'm going to sleep and won't be able to go on 'till the afternoon)I hope I can find the error.

Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 06:19:35 pm »

Sorry for the double post but very good news-it worked!I just typed in boolprop and deleted alot when I entered the lot.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: