Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 03:02:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Plumbbob Overrides In Seasons?  (Read 1249 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Zirconia Wolf

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2007, 08:56:29 pm »

I came across an override for that annoyingly large in-game plumbbob at decided to give it a try. At the time, my game was everything-up-to-Pets & the override didn't work at all for me.

I have now gone back to my (very heavily modded) everything-up-to-Seasons/Celebrations state & suddenly the override is working  for all my Sims except the ones in Riverblossom Hills & the Cyd/Porthos that live in Pleasantview. (I have a Cyd/Porthos in all my hoods, and the override works just spiffy for him everywhere except Pleasantview &, of course Riverblossom Hills.)

Anyone out there have any idea what I can do th fix this? (The "Plumbbobtoggle" cheat won't work at all for me.)

Here's the link to the override in question :
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=253985

The override is in my Downloads folder.

Thanks for any advice!

-ZW

*** Self-Proclaimed leader of the MoonBats! ***
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 09:57:41 pm »

ok the best way to use the plumbbobtoggle cheat is to enter the code raw without a on|off or true|false

It isn't case sensitive, so don't capitalise anything (unless you are using a Mac and they may or may not require plumbBobToggle).

I have not experienced any problem using the cheat; but I expect like everything else with these games EA butchered the code.  It may be that some mod or hacked object you have installed may be interferring with the operation of the cheat.  With so many mods available by so many different hands, it is hard to guess which one and how it might be interfering.

I would check to make sure each mod you have installed is specified for use with Seasons EP.

Another option is to move those Sims that are not benefitting from the plumbbob mod out of their current homes and into new ones to see if they get updated data that will permit the mod to operate.  I suspect it may have something to do with the "storyline/scenario" crap EA stuck into certain families that is causing the mod to not operate.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: