Insimenator.org
May 16, 2024, 03:43:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Building Basements  (Read 1996 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tinkerbell3552

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2007, 10:09:43 pm »

Hi everyone! Ok I have a question about basements. I know how to make a simple one room basement, but I want to make a basement with multiple rooms. But when I try and put walls in the basement it won't let me. What do I do?
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 10:28:26 pm »

I think in order to be able to build walls on basement, you must place floor tiles first.  You might need to put some on the first floor too.
tinkerbell3552

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 10:32:50 pm »

oh ok thanks
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 12:06:43 am »

tinkerbell, another consideration is that a basement needs to have a floor precisely 12 clicks lower than the ground outside the basement. The foundation "footer" is precisely 4 clicks above the ground.  the distance between one floor and another is 16 clicks total.

You can see a visual guide to doing basements here: Mike Inside: Basements for Beginners Tutorial

and here: Creating a cellar

Light in a basement/cellar is determined by the floor height versus street level, if the floor of the basement is lower than the street, generaly you get no light glow from windows, if the floor is the same as or heigher than street level you get light glow from windows.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 12:11:09 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 12:19:41 am »

The easiest way to know how far down to go, I use this method. Most times, after cutting out the foundation for a basement, I use the maxis modular deck stairs (brown one) and click down three times. Place one modular stair, then at the landing, place another till I have three. Delete the stairs and use the floor smoother (I forgot the name of the shovel) to make the floor smooth by the bottom landing. Sometimes that works, or I place a wall paint, with a top and bottom base on it, on the inside wall of the basement foundation. Then click down to the bottom base. Hope that helps. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
tinkerbell3552

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 04:54:15 am »

Thanks everyone. I got it to work!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: