Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 01:38:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't turn on "Snow on Ground"  (Read 3669 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Synerje

Crazy Cat Lady

View Profile WWW
« on: November 12, 2007, 02:24:52 pm »

I got Seasons recently, and it's working really well, except i can't turn on the "snow on ground" option in the graphics/performance options...
I click on "On" and then apply settings, but then while applying the settings, it goes back to "Off"
So it shows snow next to the lot and on the trees and bushes, but not on the lot itself.

Everything else is running on max settings and i have a ATI Radeon x1650 Pro video card with the newest drivers, so it can't be my system.

I don't know much about when it comes to this game,
i'm lucky if i can add custom content, so i have no idea why it's doing this.
It's just getting really annoying, that's all i know.

Sorry if this has been asked here before, i searched the forums and didn't find anything.
Miss Onatopp

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 05:32:50 am »

I have the exact same problem. Do you also have the latest stuff pack Teen style stuff installed?
Synerje

Crazy Cat Lady

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 08:59:20 am »

I had pretty much every pack installed, but now i got Bon Voyage and Pets and after installing that, the snow started to work properly.
So now it works for me, weird...
anadandy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 09:40:58 am »

I had this exact issue with the same video card after installing Teen Style. Once I uninstalled TSS - the snow option worked properly again.
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 07:04:17 am »

Teen Stuff and an ati x1650 would be incompatible ? This is strange. EA should be aware of it. :angel:
BetteBob
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 05:46:15 pm »

I had the exact same problem, still do, so I just don't have winters anymore in my game because it drives me nuts. And I know it isn't because my system isn't up to date enough, although I don't know exactly which video card I have. I know its an ATi Radeon something or other.All I know is its more than what the minimum requirement from Maxis is for the game to run properly
pinkfaerie11

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 12:27:10 am »

Is there some kind of patch you can download? I have the exact same problem as everyone else here. It's really annoying is all I know.
anadandy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 04:17:33 pm »

Quote from: pinkfaerie11;1144046
Is there some kind of patch you can download? I have the exact same problem as everyone else here. It's really annoying is all I know.

There is no patch - but apparently installing Free Time correct the problem (so they likely patched it in the new EP). I haven't tried it yet but several people who were having the issue on the BBS have said it works now.
XXMaylaXX54

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 06:28:15 pm »

Someone please help me find the inteenminator...direct link please?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 07:17:41 am »

Quote from: XXMaylaXX54;1171062
Someone please help me find the inteenminator...direct link please?

don't hijack other people's threads!!!!
and read this.

use the search function before asking. saves time for both us others and you.

use the "WCIF" thread for finding downloads. this is a help thread for game problems, not for finding downloads.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: