Insimenator.org
May 08, 2024, 02:28:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: playing different families  (Read 6437 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
whipstickgostop

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2007, 03:23:43 pm »

I just can't seem to play more then one family in a neighbourhood.
How do you bide your time between them all?

It's driving me crackers!

Smiley
gethane

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 09:38:22 pm »

I used to have this problem, but then I'd lose interest, start another family in a clean neighborhood, over and over.

Then I started a 10 baby challenge in a clean neighborhood, and just got really into the family. Gen 3 are starting to trickle into college now. I have 12 or 13 houses I play in rotation (time synced) and I use the info box on the houses (in neighborhood view) to keep track of what each family is supposed to be doing during each turn. An example:

Deanna 14TDL (teen days left), needs new clothes
Debra needs golden anniversary party for LW
Dane has 2ToDL (toddler days left), needs to learn to walk
Max needs to skill

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 09:41:25 am »

I have a friend who plays like to play like this, too, so all the kids of the neighborhood grow up together.  Your notes are pretty cool, Gethane, really helps you keep track of what's going on in each house.

Have you ever heard of the Royal Kingdom Challenge?  You're supposed to play the families in rotation.  As for me, I kind of have ADD when it comes to my sims.  I get burned out on families after awhile and start new ones.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 11:56:24 am »

I use the Lot Synchronizer so I can tell which family is lagging behind, timewise.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 10:20:51 pm »

I simply go in order of households and play for six days in each.  Then I switch to the other parts of the neighborhood until every single house has been played.  Then I check to see what teens are going to college, send them, play them, and go to my other neighborhood.

It's a lot easier than it seems once a system is set up.

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 07:04:27 pm »

I, too, have the Lot Synchronizer, and play my sims day by day. This makes it easier to keep track of who grows up, and who's pregnant, etc. Of course I also have the Sims 2 DB, which I use to keep track of them all.
I'm pretty intrigued by the Royal Family challenge-without the challenge. I want to have a kingdom and rule like a real Tsarina. Oh, oh, there goes my  downloads folder! Off to find dresses and castles!

goody-goody

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 09:34:05 pm »

Quote from: MaryH;1057944
I, too, have the Lot Synchronizer, and play my sims day by day. This makes it easier to keep track of who grows up, and who's pregnant, etc. Of course I also have the Sims 2 DB, which I use to keep track of them all.

What's lot sychronizer and Sims 2 DB???  where do I get them???
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 09:44:38 pm by goody-goody » Logged

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 07:20:34 am »

The Lot Synchronizer is here:http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,2386.0.html

and the Sims 2 DB (DataBase) is on Mod The Sims 2, under programs, I do believe-while it is not being updated, it is still available for download-the creator of it has retired, but left it to be used.

The Synchronizer lets you rotate between families without having to go to the neighborhood screen, and the DB is a program that lets you enter information about each family as you create and play them.
I find them immensely useful to actually play the game without losing track of my families or my mind. They are both base game compatible-the DB is not even linked to the game, (unless you have SimPE) and you have to manually enter the information in-but still it is nice to have something to write down all the details of each family-it even lets you put pictures in the profiles if you have a additional camera such as MWSnap (don't have the link for that, sorry).
Hope this helps out-even though I've only been playing the Sims 2 for about 5 months, you can tell I'm on top of my game!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 07:21:39 am by MaryH » Logged

goody-goody

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 08:36:24 am »

I couldn't fnd sims 2 DB on modthesims2, where do I find it?

Nik4myth

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 09:28:35 am »

Here you go Goody-Goody.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=107994

'Draw your dagger, look your opponent in the eye, today my friend is a good day to die.'
Redrew25

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 09:31:43 am »

What a great question!

I've been playing Sims for almost a year now and also find myself adding sims faster than I play them (largest family I made was 2 kids! ... hehehe). I just started a new town and this idea of switching between sims based on time, never occurred to me. ITS BRILLIANT! Maybe now I'll get somewhere!
Redrew25

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 09:38:59 am »

2 DB looks neat -- anyone know of a Mac equivalent?
goody-goody

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 11:05:06 am »

thanks!  now to go download it! Smiley

whipstickgostop

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2007, 09:54:23 pm »

Thanks guys, i downloaded the lot synchronizer and its great!!
Tbh i don't know what i'd do without it now!
Smiley
JadeEliott

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 09:31:39 pm »

I use FileAmigo to track my sims.

I show pics here:

http://isleofthyme.squarespace.com/backtalk/the-nerve-center-of-thyme-my-fileamigo-database.html

Since Sims2DB is no longer updated. My database does everything that program did.

As to the OP's question, I use my own calendar, to track of my families ages. Makes it much more interesting.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: