Insimenator.org
May 11, 2024, 05:01:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Carpool/School bus problem  (Read 1554 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Luna_Alias

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2007, 04:10:26 pm »

Recently, none of my sims have been getting on the school bus or carpool. I usually use the "boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true" cheat every time I enter that lot, and I'm afraid it screwed up the sims on that lot for good. I tried disabling the cheat and going back to the lot but they still won't get on the carpool or school bus. How can I fix this?
stsarina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 07:29:31 pm »

Have you downloaded any new custom content recently?

Try moving your Downloads folder out, go into the game and see if the problem still exists. I regularly play with boolprop on and have never had this problem.

Hannah
Link_kai

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 07:38:14 pm »

When you click and make them go, does the action disappear, and they ignore it?
I had that same problem, because I used too many cheats at one time. >__<  My sims that had to use helicopters to go to work didn't go to work.

Here's how I fixed it, though it might not be the easiest way:
I moved the sim family that was having the problems out of their house and into a smaller one, temporarily.  Yes, I had to take pictures of all of their rooms and stuff to remember later on how to put all the furniture back... [sob] Then I went into that new, smaller house to check on them.  Next, I moved them back into their old house, and waited to put all the furniture back until I had tested and made sure they now went to work.  Finally, I bought all the furniture again and put it all back.

It takes a while, and is a bit of work, but somehow solved the problem for me.  ^__^  
NOTE:  Make sure you are careful with cheats after doing all this should you decide to do all of this. ;=D  I'm now careful to always back up my data after I play the game.  If you don't know how to back up the data, find out!  It's a good habit. =]

What in Hyrule is going on here?!
-Link
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 07:43:58 pm »

Chances are that lot got corrupted but I doubt it is because of the testingcheat.  I have it at on all the time and that never happened to me.  Unless you chose an option you should have not, it cannot corrupt a lot.

It could be cause by outdated mods or some hack conflict so make sure all you are using is compatible with the latest ep you have install.  Also, the portal could now be missing for some reasons.

You could try to fix your lot using these tools:

- Hack detection tool found at http://www.simwardrobe so you know if some of your mods are conflicting with one another.
- Sim clean installer which can show you what mod you have in your game that you might not be aware of, you can get it at modthesims2 (mods will be highlighted in red)
-FFS lot debugger which contains many many lot debugging tool, can be found Here

You can also try to completely remove your download folder to see if it is cc related or not.  If even without any cc the lot is still bug than simply move the family in a new lot and make sure to bulldoze that corrupted lot.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 07:47:47 pm by MissDoh » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: