Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 08:12:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BV wont run & additional problems........!  (Read 3228 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dwarf1010

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2007, 02:38:18 pm »

Hope that somebody has some advice, had problems with walkby's & postman/deliveryperson not leaving the lot but haf that more or less solved with the no delivery hack from modthesims, than the baby's where very scary coz they had another baby & a 3rd eye in their head, but that goes when they change into tods. But now the whole game just wont run, the launcher comes up and when i press play, poof gone. I have read about re-installing but that seems to have his own problems, bar from chucking the lot through maxis's windows i am out of ideas, does anybody have any ideas?

I understand the concepts of cooking & cleaning, just not how they apply to me:angel:
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 03:48:39 pm »

Did you try to play without any of your downloads (totally remove the folder) to see if the game would run without it?

If so, something in there is causing all this mess.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 03:55:21 pm »

The "baby with the third eye" is a borked skin made through the downloaded "demo" Bodyshop.  You might want to consider getting rid of that one.  :?

dwarf1010

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 06:28:44 am »

Thanks, dont know what a borked skin is coz am a total ignorandus & due to lack of time (exams) have not really had the time to start tinkering, did however fix the non-starting problem by deleting the cache file, know was taking a chance, but building relaxes my mind & badly needed my fix. Anyroad how do i go about deleting that skin thing?

I understand the concepts of cooking & cleaning, just not how they apply to me:angel:
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 01:26:53 pm »

Yes the deleting of cache files have resolved a lot of blocked games for me. It's a wonderful (mirifique) idea !

But for the corrupted skintone, you have to find it. Wink Use the Sims 2 Pack Clean Installer (here) and run it to find all skintones. Try to place them elsewhere and to put them again one after one to find the culprit (or remove all skintones if you want to go fast). Smiley
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 07:18:08 pm »

Look at the date of the file, it should help you find it, the demo bodyshop version was out in 2004 so the file should normally be dated of that year.
TheCelt

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 10:35:30 pm »

Clear out cache files?  How do you do this or what files do I delete?  I installed BV, ran it, worked great.  Then closed it and from that one first time playing it, it will not load.  The disk whirls to life in the drive, but that is all.  What do I need to do?

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit!
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 01:57:32 pm »

The cache files are in : My Documents / EA Games / The Sims 2. Now, after each exit of the game, I always delete them, just in case. Wink
TheCelt

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 01:39:25 am »

Drat.  I was hoping there was other cache files you were referring to.  I've tried deleting them.  I've tried closing all running programs that can be closed.  I've tried playing without my downloads.  When I install the game, it runs one time.  Then after that, nothing.  The disk whirrs to life.  I can even see the program listed in the running programs.  But it never loads.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 04:44:38 am »

So, deleting the Groups.cache, Accessory.cache, and the cigen.package files don't help in getting your game started again?  :scratch:

TheCelt

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 04:51:39 am »

Nope.  All I want is to be able to access my houses and my Sims so I can package them and start all over.  I'm so frustrated now.  I even uninstalled my disk burning software hoping that anti theft software would know I have no intentions of stealing this seemingly crappy edition to the Sims family.

willisj

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 06:34:13 pm »

Thanks for your tip dwarf1010, I was having the same no-run problem with BV. I deleted the cache as you suggested and it has worked everytime.

Wish I had read this thread before I re-installed BV (4 times, grrrrrr...), anyway thanks again, you've saved me a lot of angst and re-loading!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: