Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 01:42:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Facial Structures Gone Just Black Space  (Read 2054 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
gamerxgirl

View Profile WWW
« on: December 15, 2007, 04:00:03 pm »

My game was running just fine prior to a day or two ago, I thought it was simply one of those random game glitches, and I've been searching for one of the default replacement files that it may be.

Instead of faces appearing, when I go to play a default sim, I get a blank/black empty space with eyes, eyebrows, but no facial structure.

I installed default CAS face replacements (a long time ago, which I cannot locate), and I thought those might be the culprit but my game was fine before then, so I think it must be the combination of default replacement skin(s), default replacement eyes and the default replacement lashes I also installed perhaps. I removed the default lashes, but that doesn't seem to be it. I don't have any hacks that modify anything with the faces, could it be some sort of hack incompatibility?

Even when in Body Shop and I try to click things, the black empty space is just there. Only when I click on a pre-made sim does it go away. It is as far as I know not a graphics card problem, but something related to a hack or corrupt file maybe? I'd really appreciate any help/suggestions so that I can go  back to simming! :violent1:

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:04:39 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Sims2Sites.com
FREE sims hosting | forums | link directory | topsites | awards[/FONT]
-I do self-sim requests-
[/FONT]
Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 04:15:41 pm »

It could be a skin glitch, you might have to install new default replacement, or hmm, i dunno. Did you try fixing it by clicking on a mirror and going to 'change appearence'? It's happened to me, but the face was flashing blue, and the mirror fixed it.

Sorry I'm not more help D:

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
gamerxgirl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 04:18:23 pm »

I tried but it didn't seem to work, and the faces don't show up in Body Shop. I don't think its the skintones because I'm able to change them in BodyShop. Thanks though for your help.

Sims2Sites.com
-I do self-sim requests-
[/FONT]
Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 04:29:10 pm »

No problem. I'd suggest to doing a search in your downloads folder, and removing your replacement faces then, because you could actually have more than one copy of them in there. That's all I can think of that could be doing it, or even maybe more than one default replacement skins! It'd be worth knowing doing a search just to check!

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
gamerxgirl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 04:52:04 pm »

Good idea, thanks Smiley It's times like this though that I wish I didn't have such a large downloads folder!

Sims2Sites.com
-I do self-sim requests-
[/FONT]
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 03:25:46 pm »

Do you have any light mods installed, also see this thread.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
gamerxgirl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 01:34:47 pm »

I think I figured out the problem, it wasn't lights at all. That thread says the opposite of the problem I pictured/described, their faces weren't black but the rest of the sim was.

I believe the probem I had is somehow related to having both default skins and the eyes that I recently downloaded. Perhaps they were incompatible. It took me a very long time to locate them through Clean Installer, de to the large amount of files I have.

Thanks though for your help.

Sims2Sites.com
-I do self-sim requests-
[/FONT]
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 06:03:13 pm »

If you have more than one set of default replacment skins it will cause problems. You can have default replacement eyes and skins together, so long as you only have one of each.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
gamerxgirl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 11:03:42 pm »

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;1068230
If you have more than one set of default replacment skins it will cause problems. You can have default replacement eyes and skins together, so long as you only have one of each.

Thank you, I know this much. I have only ever had one default eye replacement set, and only one default skin set though at a time.

Sims2Sites.com
-I do self-sim requests-
[/FONT]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: