Insimenator.org
May 07, 2024, 02:00:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi, I need to ask a question about bodyshop projects:  (Read 1672 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2007, 02:39:22 pm »

I made a few projects in bodyshop, editing skins for infant hair in my game. What I don't understand, when the project is loaded into the game, how do I find the file and compress the file?  I saw that one of the files is 75MB and I think that is too large to have in my download folder. The only thing is that I can't find the file in that folder, is the game using the project file in the game? Thanks for any help in understanding this. :eh::Huh?:

Bernice. :oogle:

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 03:05:26 pm »

All projects you import back into Bodyshop/the game should show up in your "Saved Sims" folder in your main (My Documents) The Sims 2 directory.  You can choose to organize those files in that folder by Date Created to help you find which ones you're looking for, especially your most recent imported projects.  Wink

As for it being that ridiculously large... holy crap.  :shock:  Can't really explain how that happened... most single skin projects end up at most being 7-9MB on my computer, and that's already kind of large for a skin set.  Not sure what's going on with that particular project you're trying to look for, but it sure sounds like something went a little awry with it.  But don't take my word for it... if it still works, then it's probably a fluke.  :dontknow:

sinniti

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 03:12:35 pm »

can i ask a question? How do i get my teen pregnant, is it the same proces with adults but with a teen?
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 03:18:07 pm »

Thanks Tenshii. Maybe I was looking at the whole project folder, but I saw 75MB on something dealing with those files. I want to compress them.  :dontknow: LOL, I wouldn't be surprised if they are awry! :laugh:

EDIT: I was looking in the project folder,  and each project shows at between 70 to 75MB. Is that normal? Can I compress those files safely and still be useful in the game?

In the saved sims folder, each one of the projects are between 1 to 3MB. Can I compress those files, also?

can i ask a question? How do i get my teen pregnant, is it the same proces with adults but with a teen?

I can't help you with that question sinniti, I don't have pregnant teens in my game, and I don't use Inteen.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 03:24:25 pm by lewisb40 » Logged

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 03:33:42 pm »

B, the game ignores anything in the project files.  It's using the files in SavedSims, so the skin you made as it's being used in the game is between 1 and 3 MB.  

To get it smaller, you could take a look in the graphics program you're using to see what it does with the various layers you've added to get the effect you want.  With GIMP if I let the program combine the layers I THINK I'm getting a larger file than if I was to merge them myself.  I could be wrong on that though, so I will deny I ever said that if anyone quotes me.  lol

Beyond that, jfade's Compressorizer should work just fine on your files.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 03:42:04 pm »

You're welcome, lewis.  Like ancient said, you can use the Compressorizer.  I did it for some of my past project files that I was working on, and it saved a good amount of space.  Though probably the best move to do is when you're absolutely finished with them is to go ahead and delete them.  A definite space-saver.  :angel:

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 03:46:54 pm »

Thanks Ancient, I will look into the compressor. Okay Tenshii, I am finished and just wanted to know if I could get rid of them. Thanks again!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: