Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 03:04:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pesky error messages :'[  (Read 2182 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
xgreydovex

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2007, 12:21:37 am »

My computer was disconnected due to disciplinary reasons, but it was put together again with the exception of speakers and external hard drive for homework. Today when i went to plug in the speakers and the external hard drive, the sound wont work (Ive tried headphones and speakers) and my sims game is acting funkatated.  I have all expansions except bon voyage and I have the family and glamour stuff packs.

The first time i tried to load it in windowed mode it crashed after going into Pleasantview, and in full screen in wouldn't go past the loading screen...but then when i tried windowed again it let me into Riverblossom and into a lot, but there's an error message that pops up every flippen two seconds and i was scared to push the delete button, so i kept hitting restart because the cancel button didn't do anything but bring up the same message again.  It seems that it pops up for every sim present on the lot, because as soon as a neighbor was greeted error messages popped up for her too.  The only time it doesn't pop up is when i tell them to do something.  

My files on the external hard drive i have to save space on my computers hard drive

Documents in regular EA folder

So can anyone help me or point me in the right direction?  Its quite irritating because the error messages make it impossible to play. Cry

Im looking for judges and prize donations for my upcoming contest Killer Instinct: The search for the next Assassin.  If you're interested or have any questions, pm me Smiley
Life is just one giant freak show, so just buy a ticket and enjoy the ride...:happy8:
click here to check out my new series, Madhouse! it would be much appreciated Cheesy
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 12:40:19 pm »

If you could attach the error report the game created it would help so someone might be able to tell you what is wrong.

In the meantime, did you try to play without any cc to see if you can load the game normally without any?
xgreydovex

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 09:06:09 pm »

sorry for taking awhile.  I had family over for the holidays and havent really had time to do much on the computer other than homework and college apps.  anywho...
there are quite a few different error messages, but ill only attach one.  I have taken out all of my CC and the game ran very well i think, i didn't notice any weird things happening or anything.  It ran perfectly fine with the CC before the computer was unplugged, thats why i didnt think at first that it could have been a recent download that caused the annoyance, but i guess i was wrong?

* ObjectError_G001_t26601.txt (55.7 KB - downloaded 114 times.)

Im looking for judges and prize donations for my upcoming contest Killer Instinct: The search for the next Assassin.  If you're interested or have any questions, pm me Smiley
Life is just one giant freak show, so just buy a ticket and enjoy the ride...:happy8:
click here to check out my new series, Madhouse! it would be much appreciated Cheesy
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 10:12:39 pm »

Quote from: xgreydovex;1091580
sorry for taking awhile.  I had family over for the holidays and havent really had time to do much on the computer other than homework and college apps.  anywho...
there are quite a few different error messages, but ill only attach one.  I have taken out all of my CC and the game ran very well i think, i didn't notice any weird things happening or anything.  It ran perfectly fine with the CC before the computer was unplugged, thats why i didnt think at first that it could have been a recent download that caused the annoyance, but i guess i was wrong?

i add the same problem and just to take care of it i add to delete my old download folder and all my cc then reinstall my game the last expansion pack that i bought and start a new download folder with new cc and i do not see anymore error messages just 1 tip do not forget to note the cc you like the most and the link or you will have to search for them a new.

good luck in fixing your problem.

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 12:07:05 am »

Quote from: xgreydovex;1091580
I have taken out all of my CC and the game ran very well i think, i didn't notice any weird things happening or anything.  It ran perfectly fine with the CC before the computer was unplugged, thats why i didnt think at first that it could have been a recent download that caused the annoyance, but i guess i was wrong?

I'd say it would be that much.  Try going through and moving all of your recent custom content downloads (since the issue first started happening) to a safe place or folder onto your Desktop, test a few of them at a time to see if the error pops up again, and you might find whichever object or mod is causing it to happen.  Wink

xgreydovex

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 02:07:20 pm »

ill try it as soon as i can find my stupid game...it just disappeared into oblivion about a week ago.  Needless to say, i am horribly depressed :-(

xgreydovex

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 08:20:23 pm »

update:
FINALLY found my game and i took out the latest downloads, and it looks like everything is going smoothly *crosses fingers* thanks to all of you who helped :]

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: