Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 08:16:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding New Expansions/Backing up and using old files?  (Read 1338 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
meecha3

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2007, 12:23:41 pm »

Hello.

I know this question has probably been asked a million and one times but if some patient kind soul could indulge me for a moment, I'd greatly appreciate it.
I have backed up my most recent game files and am installing new expansions and, essentially, all I want to transfer back over are my neighborhoods and characters.  Should I simply drag over just the Neighborhood and possibly SavedSims folders?  Or would I need to replace the entire The Sims 2 folder from "My Documents?"

Thanks for any help!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 02:27:51 pm »

The back-up you make is a safety one in case you decide to remove the new ep you install so you can go back to your old game.  It is not compatible with new ep's you install so do not drag them back or you will mess things up.

To be totally sure you have everything and if you have the space, I would suggest you do a back-up of the complete Sims 2 folder.

Now DO NOT move or delete your neighborhoods folder before you install the new ep's or for sure your hoods will be all gone.  You should move your downloads folder though and check to make sure all the stuff in it will still be compatible with the newest ep (most recent one in term of release date) you install.
gamerxgirl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 04:08:48 pm »

I second MissDoh's suggestion.
And reccomend that if you have hacks installed that you search for them and see if there are new versions available that will be compatible with your new EPs.

Sims2Sites.com
FREE sims hosting | forums | link directory | topsites | awards[/FONT]
-I do self-sim requests-
[/FONT]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: