Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 01:13:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CustomContent get corrupted to 1kb-then crashes the game-why?!  (Read 1923 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
callum91

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2007, 02:30:08 pm »

Hey

As my title says.

A few weeks ago, I got FED UP of TS2 and deleted ALL my CC since it would slow the game down,or crash it, or corrupt. SO i  deleted it.

For xmas I got my laptop and want to play again, so I got a file restorer and managed to get back all my old CC.

After 3hours of placing it back into my laptop[from a burnt disk],I ran TS2 [all SP/EPs except TSS].
It crashed =[
I looked in my Downloads and saw most of the .packages were 1kb in size,well 96bytes.

So I deleted all of them-Then reinstalled every piece of CC again.
This time,the game screen just went white.
I noticed most of my CC corrupted AGAIN!
And the only reason I restored my old CC is because I liked what I had,and wouldn't be able to find every peice again.

So, is there any reason why my CC would corrupt for no reason?
I would ask at MTS2 but they are SOOO hellbent on reading the FAQs and you can't post till youve read them and stuff--its all annoying.
So any suggestions please ? :3 Smiley
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 02:56:31 pm »

I can't offer an explanation for the compressed file sizes, but I can say that the computer can't pull bits out of its circuits to rebuild what may have been removed.  I think you're off on a download trip again.
callum91

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 03:10:22 pm »

Hmmmm thats weird because before it happened when I made a hair mesh. And I have no idea what fixed or caused it.
But all the files were NOT 96bytes or whatever it is.They were same sizes as what they were on my desktop.
So it must be the game corrupting them somehow :S Sad
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 08:53:58 pm »

It probably is.  I've had this happen a few times a couple of months ago.  I'm not sure if the newest Seasons patch (when it was released the second time) helped with preventing it or not, but ever since I installed it, it hasn't happened again... :scratch:  (strange, because EA is famous for breaking things already fixed.  :lol:)

callum91

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 04:51:17 am »

lol :lol:
I never used to use patches,but I patched every EP after installing it....Perhaps thats the problem? :S
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: