Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 07:17:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Case of the Disappearing Pleasantview  (Read 1107 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sein

View Profile WWW
« on: December 27, 2007, 10:24:41 pm »

I entered the game one day and found that Pleasantview had completely disappeared from the game, as if I had deleted it entirely.

However I didn't.

I checked the EA folder and the data for the town is still there, it's as if the sims just can't find it. Is there any way to make it reappear?

"There is no remedy for love but to love more" - Henry David Thoreau

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 11:01:08 am »

If the neighborhood data is still there but it's not appearing in game, the neighborhood manager dropped it somehow.  Take a look on MTS2 to see if there's anything about this type of problem there and what the solution is.  If you can't find anything, read on, but bear in mind I'm guessing here...

If you have a back up of the neighborhood folder, you could try copying the current neighborhood manager file to a safe location and putting the older version into the game.  Any neighborhoods created after the back up will now be missing, but if PV is your only 'hood, this shouldn't be a problem.

With a copy in a safe place, delete the neighborhood manager and start up the game.  Hopefully the game will recreate the manager with all the neighborhoods listed.  If not put the saved one back in.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: