Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 02:56:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A question about installing the sims  (Read 1130 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Micke
Site Santa!

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2008, 06:58:06 am »

Feels strange to ask a question about installing the sims since it's like the fifth time now... Anyway my external hardrive died a while ago and I lost all my the sims games. I've ordered a new hardrive which I'm really looking forward to get so I can play again. Smiley

Now to the question... The last time I've installed the sims on my external hardrive the game has insisted on installing some files on the computer which in the end caused my pc to run out off space. Is there a way to make the game not install anything on my pc and just keep everything on the external hardrive?
Thanks in advance!
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 02:59:18 am »

I also play the game like that...installed on a ext. harddrive.
Yet, like you said, the game automatically installs some files (downloads/neighborhoods etc) into the "my documents" folder...

I read somewhere that you cant change that, Itll always install there too, but apparently you CAN move your whole 'my documents' folder onto your ext. harddrive... so indirectly you'll have your whole game on the harddrive that way.  

I dont know how to move the my documents folder though, I THINK you have to right click on it...and go to properties, and then set the location there...something like that.  Ive never tried it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: