Insimenator.org
May 11, 2024, 04:37:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP!!! sims wont run :/  (Read 5176 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Kisha

Hi

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 12:00:42 pm »

no I don't think there's a such thing as too much custom content (I have maybe 3 to 4 thousand files in my downloads folder:) ) and i'm still putting stuff in there. U may have to go back and take back out the files u re- downloaded. did u download some game hacks? cause some aren't compatible with each other. I've had my game crash too but once I removed (usually was a hack) my game stopped crashing it hasn't crashed in a while.

I do remember once my game was crashing because of some custom content I downloaded, but I removed it and it stopped.

Burstangeljo

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 12:13:36 pm »

I have already tried taking out hacks and newly installed cc-including new hacks.  It did not work.  As for amount of cc, 13GB for me is about 41,000 downloads in my folder.  I organize my stuff religiously.  All of my new stuff is put in a special folder.  I took out the new stuff, and it still crashed.  When I took out a folder of items I had for a while, it stopped crashing.  None of the items were new.  I thought that maybe the folder was corrupt, so I re-downloaded the items and put them in, but my game still crashes.  I have also run my hack conflict detector program.  My husband is going to get me some more RAM.  If that doesn't work for the crashing, at least my computer will run faster.  All I have to say is I hate PC's. They're too touchy.  Love my mac, hate my PC.  The only reason I have a PC i cuz my game runs faster on an actual PC instead of my partitioned mac drive.  But my mac never crashed with the game-mac version and PC version on a partitioned drive. Yeah Apple!
Anyway, enough ranting.  I might be having a conflict between two cc items.  Here goes more days of trying to track it down.
LaurenW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 01:33:14 pm »

Quote from: phoenixx;1109006
no I don't think there's a such thing as too much custom content (I have maybe 3 to 4 thousand files in my downloads folder:) ) and i'm still putting stuff in there. U may have to go back and take back out the files u re- downloaded. did u download some game hacks? cause some aren't compatible with each other. I've had my game crash too but once I removed (usually was a hack) my game stopped crashing it hasn't crashed in a while.

I do remember once my game was crashing because of some custom content I downloaded, but I removed it and it stopped.

i had too much content
it takes sims longer to load the more custom content i have installed
maybe cause i have soo many other programes on my computer?

and the window... it looks the same as regular full screen sims, except there is the bar with the start up window at the bottome... so i cant even reach the X or minimize :/

Kisha

Hi

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 05:12:33 pm »

Quote from: Burstangeljo;1109026
I have already tried taking out hacks and newly installed cc-including new hacks.  It did not work.  As for amount of cc, 13GB for me is about 41,000 downloads in my folder.  I organize my stuff religiously.  All of my new stuff is put in a special folder.  I took out the new stuff, and it still crashed.  When I took out a folder of items I had for a while, it stopped crashing.  None of the items were new.  I thought that maybe the folder was corrupt, so I re-downloaded the items and put them in, but my game still crashes.  I have also run my hack conflict detector program.  My husband is going to get me some more RAM.  If that doesn't work for the crashing, at least my computer will run faster.  All I have to say is I hate PC's. They're too touchy.  Love my mac, hate my PC.  The only reason I have a PC i cuz my game runs faster on an actual PC instead of my partitioned mac drive.  But my mac never crashed with the game-mac version and PC version on a partitioned drive. Yeah Apple!
Anyway, enough ranting.  I might be having a conflict between two cc items.  Here goes more days of trying to track it down.

ooh I thought I had a lot of downloads, 41,000. Wow. but yeah I think it's som cc that's conflicting. I hope everything works out I know how frustrating it can be trying to figure out what's causing the game to crash.

Kisha

Hi

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 05:28:26 pm »

Quote from: LaurenW;1109080
i had too much content
it takes sims longer to load the more custom content i have installed
maybe cause i have soo many other programes on my computer?

and the window... it looks the same as regular full screen sims, except there is the bar with the start up window at the bottome... so i cant even reach the X or minimize :/

Wow I didn't know u could have too much cc,yes it will take longer to load the more cc that u have so you may have to get rid of some older stuff that u don't use. and the window, what I did was go in game to the options and adjust the screen size to make it smaller then move the screen down some.(i think I moved it all the way down to the bottom of my monitor) Then I go back to the options to make the screen bigger. That way u can grab the top of the window. It took me a couple of tries to get the screen just right.

Kisha

Hi

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 12:25:49 pm »

I found some more info for you if needed it Cheesy
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Poly_Counts

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: