Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 07:26:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: JUMP BUG  (Read 2116 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
enze

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2008, 08:00:15 am »

Please help me.. I have problems with the game since I have installed many custom content I was having problems I think its the JUMP BUG wherein I cannot  do the option "make many or make single plates meal" whenever I press the stove to make many. Here is the error:

Object "n003_User00831-antonia" 131, error reference to tree table entry that does not exist. the stack trace is saved in"c:/documents and settings/owner/my documents/ea games/ the sims 2/ logs/ Object Error_N003_t1103090.txt
pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 03:42:40 pm »

Is the stove CC or maxis? If it is maxis, it sounds like you have a global mod affecting your stoves that is not compatible with your game. Try removing mods and CC and see if it makes the problem go away. If it does, you will have to try to determine the incompatible file and remove it from your downloads.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 04:07:55 pm »

If you have any of the Simlogical refridgerator mods you must make certain they are the correct ones for your EPs. Older versions will cause the problem you are having. Other cooking mods should be checked as well. This problem was prominenet when OFB was released.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
enze

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 10:07:01 pm »

Thanks for helping me out. Same effect on both cc and maxis content. Before I even started installing global mod the problem already exist. I even tried deleting my appliances cc folder and house sets still no progress. How can I determine the root of the problem?
pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 09:50:03 am »

Have you downloaded any sim houses, especially from the exchange? It is possible that you installed a hack without knowing it. In my experience, the best way to debug this type of problem is to remove all CC first and load up the game - test just to confirm it is indeed a CC problem (it usually is with this kind of thing)
Then, start testing CC in groups. I test the unlikely suspects first, CC such as clothes, walls, floors, make up. Basically any CC that is not an object or a hack. You can use the clean installer to identify what type of files something is. After testing that group and confirming it's not causing my problem, I would proceed to test mods (the clean installer will find most of these and flag them RED) If you really don't know which files are which, you can test in groups by first taking all CC and test half at a time. If one half causes the problem and the other doesn't, you can be fairly sure all of those files are fine. If you test the other half and still don't see the problem.. you know there is an issue of conflic between some CC in the first half and second. However if the second half causes the problem, you know there is at least 1 bad file in there. Keep halving and testing halves until you find the culprit or culprits.
enze

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 07:31:07 am »

I have uninstalled the whole sims and its EPs and tried installing it back i then slowly transfered one folder to another and tried the "make many" option in between them. when my whole downloads folder has been transfered the seems to be no problem. but then since I uninstalled the sims my family is gone so I copied EA games folder from my back up file at the external hard drive and paste it to my EA games my documents folder and the problem wrnt back. How can I get rid of the jump bug and still retain my existing family? Sad
pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 11:01:01 am »

You don't need the entire EA Games folder to restore your family. You only need to replace the Neighborhoods folder. If you replace only that and still have the bug, your sim family's house or neighborhood may be corrupted.
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 12:12:09 pm »

Use Boolprop testingcheatsenabled true,it will show you the exact error,reset or delete the object.
Don't forget to delete the Group Cache and Accessory cache folders and all the content of Logs(my doc/ea games/sims2)

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: