Insimenator.org
May 07, 2024, 03:44:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ONE file is not wanting to copy!  (Read 1786 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
StarDeluxe

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2008, 05:46:48 pm »

I'm manually installing my game and one file " Sims08.package " is not copying. Is there any way I can download this file or fix it?

"I'm in no condition to drive...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!" -Homer J. Simpson
~Franny Sims~
:blob5:
StarDeluxe

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 06:57:55 pm »

why do people not answer my questions?

"I'm in no condition to drive...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!" -Homer J. Simpson
~Franny Sims~
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 09:16:15 pm »

:x  Maybe because you aren't giving the people who might know a true chance to log on first.  Be patient... even an hour is too fast for some people to log on.  I know it's frustrating, but to ask why people aren't answering you right away just annoys everyone.  :?

Have you tried cleaning the disk?  I seemed to have this problem in getting my EPs to install because some of the disks were a bit dusty.

Also, have you tried starting up your computer in Safe Mode and extracting the files from the CD?  This may also help if you need to get those files, but running in normal mode prevents you from doing so.  Try pressing F8 when your computer is first booting up until you get to a DOS screen that asks you how you want to start up your PC.  Then choose "Safe Mode" and wait for it to finish booting up.  Once that's done, you can try extracting that package file just like you would in normal mode.  :angel:

StarDeluxe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 04:05:07 pm »

sorry but i am SO impatient with the sims 2
but my mom got me sims 2 deluxe so i dont have to worry about that messed up old game =D

~Franny Sims~
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 04:12:24 pm »

It's all good.  I really should be saying sorry myself... I kinda came off a little snippier than I was intending last night... not that I was trying to be mean at all though, it's just I'm also one that gets annoyed when people claim they aren't getting help/being ignored when they don't give others a proper chance.  A real bad head cold will do that "grouch mode" crap to ya.  :sad4:

Good luck with your game.  :angel:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 04:14:47 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 05:39:42 pm »

I understand your eagerness to get your game running again, but as Tenshii has said you have to be patient and give people time to answer. We all have our own lives outside of the sims and it can take time for the people who know the answer to your question to get time to log on and help you.

Try doing as has been suggested and carefully clean your cd and/or cd drive, or starting in safe mode and extracting the file off your disc.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: