Insimenator.org
May 13, 2024, 06:00:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some game questions.  (Read 1107 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
busted192

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2008, 01:18:43 pm »

- Can sims that I can't control like NPCs, sunbathe, build sandcastles and all  the other beach animations? It seems that whenever my sims are on the beach it looks weird cause all the other sims just want to drink coffee and talk while the entire beach is empty except for my sim that is watching the waves. It just looks weird, 1 sim by the beach and 10 sims at a small area buying coffee. Is there anyway I can make them do all the beach animations too?

- Just wondering what is in the sims 2 folder that contains the, Accessory and Groups folder? What does it do? I heard that if you delete it, it is actually good for the game?

Thanks alot!!!
pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 08:43:59 am »

Quote from: busted192;1116664
- Can sims that I can't control like NPCs, sunbathe, build sandcastles and all  the other beach animations? It seems that whenever my sims are on the beach it looks weird cause all the other sims just want to drink coffee and talk while the entire beach is empty except for my sim that is watching the waves. It just looks weird, 1 sim by the beach and 10 sims at a small area buying coffee. Is there anyway I can make them do all the beach animations too?

Unless you have a mod that stops autonomous beach activities, other sims you aren't controling should be able to do those things. In fact, before I installed mods to stop them, my beaches always had 100 freakin sandcastles on them Ahhhh!! Drove me crazy...

Quote from: busted192;1116664
-  Just wondering what is in the sims 2 folder that contains the, Accessory and Groups folder? What does it do? I heard that if you delete it, it is actually good for the game?

Those are .cache files, not folders. I'm not exactly sure how they work, but often times when the game fails to load, deleting those files will allow it to load. The game will regenerate those files every time it loads. If they work like other cache files do, I would imagine they save some information about your CC so that the game can load them faster the next time around (like how your computer saves cache files of websites so it doesn't have to re-download the content each time you view the page). However, this seems to cause problems if you add or remove CC. (Please correct me if I am wrong^^ )
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: