Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 08:54:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: got a HUGE problem...!!!!  (Read 1848 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
murfwithjess

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2008, 08:16:55 pm »

hey all.... well i have a huge problem..and it goes like this..first, i have all ep's up to BV..now over the last day i have been going through my downloads, as i have a file or two, that is coursing a glitch in my game.. So going through the downloads, taking some out, loading the game.. you know, as one does.. now i got it down to one folder with several files in it.. Now my game with not start/no wait, this is what happens.. i click on my BV short cut, the little splash screen comes up, i press play.. and NOTHING.. but when i press the Ctrl,Alt,and Delete to get the windows task manager, the processes for BVEP6 is running, and using 50% for the CPU, but i get nothing on my screen...can anyone help me??? i even tried putting in season's disc and the same thing happens, the processes is running but the game IS NOT on my screen....:smt120

SUCH AS LIFE..............ILL SLEEP WHEN IM DEAD!!!
pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 08:35:01 am »

Try deleting the groups.cache and accessories.cache files from this folder:
My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2
The game will regenerate them when it loads. Often times, after moving CC around, those files can cause problems with the game loading.

Regarding the process showing up... how long did you wait before stopping the EP6 process? I know at least with bodyshop, it can sometimes take a few minutes before the actual bodyshop app appears on my screen and starts to visibly load, but I'll see the process running, so I know it's still trying to open at least. Give it a few minutes, maybe you just weren't waiting long enough?
murfwithjess

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 05:31:42 pm »

Pandasan.. your the man..so to speak.... first.. i did leave it for like 10 mins to loaded up, and my bodyshop was loading in 3 odd mins, so i knew something was wrong... so i did what you said , by deleting the groups.cache and accessories.cache files, and straight away, it was loading!!!!!..THANK YOU!!!!..

murf...

SUCH AS LIFE..............ILL SLEEP WHEN IM DEAD!!!
StupidFriday

Glam As You

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 12:20:30 am »

Im getting BV for my birthday and I was wondering should I delete groups.cache and accessories.cache files BEFORE I load BV on my computer?

pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 11:49:14 am »

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to do so, the game will just regenerate them when it loads Smiley
nextor_torres

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 09:09:00 pm »

Wow pandasan you are great I don't using BV becuase this :Hugs:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: