Insimenator.org
May 12, 2024, 03:45:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game problem  (Read 5806 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
krook

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 02:44:05 pm »

Can I just inaktivat the downloaded files or do I have to erase them?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 03:05:52 pm »

Krook, read the answer I gave you, and please don't double post. I didn't tell you to delete or erase the file. Click and drag the downloads file out and put it somewhere other that your Sims 2 folder. Drag it to your desktop, somewhere else in your My Documents folder, wherever works for you.

If you're not going to read my answers, or answer the questions I need answered to help you, then I can't help you.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
krook

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2008, 04:23:13 pm »

Okay, so i drag the downloaded folder somewhere else and the game worked fine. and then I put it back in "eagames/thesims2" and I removed things that came up with a warning in the game and started it again. it came up as usual but without the warning triangels but it crashed again. so i guess its a problem in the downloaded files map but I have aboslutly NO IDEA how to find out where the problem is, so if you can help me with that maybe we can solve it?!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2008, 07:45:03 pm »

First, go here, download and run the sims 2 hack conflict detection utility. To find it, click on Sims 2, then Programs, and it will be the second one on the page. If that doesn't solve your problem, then it's a matter of divide and conquer. Divide your downloads in half and run your game with one half, then the other. One should crash, and hopefully one is fine. Take the 1/2 that crashed your game and divide it in half again. Repeat. Do this until you've found the bad files. That's the simplest way.

Now, a couple of things I feel should be addressed. When you ask for help, it's always good to give all the information people ask you for. The more people know about the problem and the computer you're running, the easier and faster you can be helped. I asked you to tell me what video card you had and what processor your computer was running on and even told you how to find it all, and you didn't answer, in spite of my repeated requests. I asked you three times to tell me if you replaced the old ram with the new one you bought or installed the new ram with the old, and I'm still waiting for an answer. If you continally ignore requests for important information, it makes it hard to give you the help you need, and further, makes people reluctant to help. I'm not saying this to be rude, or mean, or spiteful, I'm saying it because I want you to be able to get quick help when you need it and not have your requests for help delayed.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 07:55:14 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

krook

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2008, 04:31:14 am »

Okay so I looked up what processor I had, its is an Intel (R) Pentium (R) 4 cpu 3.20GHz

and  I have 1536 RAM memory and Yes I have installed the new one

Im sorry but i cant find where my graphic memory is, im not so good at the tecnical stuff and and all my computer thing are in swedish, but I´ll ask my father about it when he gets home.

I hope you know I´m realy really greatful for what you have done for me I just wanted to solve the problem as soon as possible and didn´t always finish your threads I and I didn´t do that on purpose, I´m really sorry

Well I downloaded that "hack conflict detection utility" but it couldn´t find a problem so I´ll divid it into half now.

Thank you for all you help
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2008, 02:10:45 pm »

Let me clarify my question about the ram:

When you installed it, did you remove the old ram or not? That's what I need to know. If your old ram is corrupted, keeping it your system won't help.

You should always know your computer specs so you can tell if any program you want to run will be able to run smoothly. If you have technicals problems, the first question anyone will ask you is for this information. You should always know what Operating System you're using, your processor, video card, total hard disk space and space remaining, ram and even your sound card. Once you find these out, I suggest making a note of them somewhere so you can refer to it when you need to.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 02:16:30 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: