Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 03:04:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue flashing faces and red flashing bodies  (Read 1776 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Marn39

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2008, 09:03:33 pm »

Can someone please give me some advice - last night when I was playing the sims - i went to change clothes and the sims body changed to red and flashing as though the mesh wasn't there - but the outfit I tried to change the sim into - I had already used early in the game without problems, and then the husband's face became blue - any idea on what may be happening please.
Windless

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 11:58:32 pm »

The blue face part happened with an elderly sim once.  The way I fixed it was to cheat and change his age to adult, then back to elder.  Since then he has been fine.  I'm not really sure what caused it or why, but that fixed the blue face.  As far as the red body part, I have no idea.
Marn39

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 03:36:04 am »

Thankyou Windless, at least you were able to help me with part of  my problem - I would still love to know what may cause this to happen, so if anyone else has any ideas - please can you help
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 11:25:19 am »

It's a matter of understanding what the colours mean. Blue flashing items are usually related to a mesh problem. If you have blue flashing on your sim and you're not too fussed about tracking down the troubling item and can live with doing this every time it happens you can go to a mirror and change their appearance and exit out. Usually fixes the blue flashing (for facial stuff). Red flashing is usually related to a graphic error. Make sure your drivers are up to date. Smiley If you've recently updated your drivers and this problem is happening since then, try rolling them back.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Marn39

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 06:17:56 pm »

thankyou for your help caffeinated.joy - I will check for driver updates
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: