Insimenator.org
May 07, 2024, 06:30:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Cellphone problem!!  (Read 3970 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
qtpie3552

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2008, 09:34:05 pm »

Okay so I click on the sim and choose "give cellphone" but then when I click on the sim again nothing shows up. How do I get them to have a cellphone and be able to use it?

ptah

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 04:21:17 pm »

I tend to send someone from the lot to buy all the gadgets place on the floor and then use the "backpack" icon to place them in their inventory. It should work

And because of that, you have, in a world that likes its nice shiny labels, no true identity.
jaccirocker
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 05:07:59 pm »

Are you using a downloaded one, if so you may need to get one that's Pets ready. If not then it's probably an outdated hack. I've had both problems, Update whichever or both and then delete the group.cache file, it should work then.
qtpie3552

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 04:01:59 am »

ptah - How do you buy them???

jaccirocker
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 03:50:40 pm »

If you have uni you can go to a community lot to purchase them, or you can build a comm lot and put one in , and then purchase from there. hope that helps.
qtpie3552

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 05:10:47 pm »

It sorta helps but what exactly do you put in the community lot to buy one?

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 03:26:18 am »

there is a vending machine - a big blue ugly thing - it is part of the University EP - I don't know if it was added in later EPs as well.

Be forewarned though - the cell phone is a dangerous toy to give your Sims. If they are using it while you save the lot, almost always the lot will become corrupted and unplayable.  Also, using any of several mods while a sim is using a phone of any kind may corrupt the sim and make it unplayable.

I say that the cell phone is a dangerous toy because whenever it rings, they will answer it if they are awake, you don't have any warning - unlike a normal wall or table phone where you can make the Sim not answer it long before he or she gets to it.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 05:56:57 am »

Beos, is this true only of Free Time or all of the EPs?

For a few nice downloads, visit our site, http://gangstersims.com.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 07:20:14 am »

All.  I remember that exact corruption happening to me once.  I was sooo~ mad, because I hadn't saved after playing for three hours, and my sims were about to come out of Uni.  :?

qtpie3552

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 11:18:44 am »

Thanks everyone! I don't have Uni but is there somewhere I could download the vending machine thing??

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 12:56:35 pm »

Vita4All - as far as I know - this is for all EPs -- the same goes for the remote-control car, it is "mostly" fixed by one or several of the patches but will at times corrupt a lot if a Sim is using it at the time of save.

There are other issues that can do this - but I honestly haven't used the hand-held game, cell phone, remote control car, etc since I first discovered the source of all my corrupted save-files was Sims using them at save.  Since most patches by EA are crafted to the same "exacting" standards as the rest of their coding, well, I don't trust the fixes any more than I trust anything else they do.

In my mind, better safe than sorry.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
jaccirocker
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 03:39:10 pm »

I don't know if you can, but if you have cell phones in game and your sim can use them, how did you get them. As far as I know UNi was the only EP besides lifestories that have the cell phone. So I'm honestly lost.

Duh, I'm so stupid sometimes, they aren't getting the cellphone because you don't have UNI, the option is there because whatever you're using ie; insimenator or DMA has the option for people with the UNI ep, because you don't have it, nothing happens.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 03:42:30 pm by jaccirocker » Logged
qtpie3552

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 03:52:43 pm »

Oh okay thanks. Im hoping to get Uni soon so hopefully it will then. =)

ptah

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 02:20:36 pm »

Sorry for not answering your question qtpie3552, but I was without internet for a while. Personally Uni's one of my favorite expansions I don't know what I would do without it. Have a nice game.

And because of that, you have, in a world that likes its nice shiny labels, no true identity.
jaccirocker
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 02:50:08 pm »

I would check amazon.com, I had to replace my disk, because my nieces lost it, and I think it was like 13.00 and sometimes circuit city, best buy and walmart have them for pretty cheap bc they came out so long ago. It's one of my favorite ep's.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: