Insimenator.org
May 14, 2024, 08:56:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Disappearing cars after patching/adding hacks.  (Read 1137 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Reluctantly Human

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2008, 11:44:35 pm »

I've always assumed everyone else has this problem, but I wanted to double check. Everytime I add or remove any global hacks, and I believe also when I patch the game, the next time I load a lot, all of the characters are standing around usually grouped together, no matter the time of day. If they'd been asleep, or been at work, they are now home and everyone's mood meters are set to a fixed amount (almost everything is full, except for bladder and Hunger I believe). Mostly this is fine, except when it comes to Sims with jobs. If they'd been at their job when I loaded the game, they are now sitting at home like nothing happened. If I have a spare car they can take that and just be late. If I do not, they are stuck however. Furthermore, if any of the Sims had driven themselves to work, that car is now missing. I have only had one instance of a Sim driving his car back but in most instances I have to buy them new ones.

Does anyone else have this problem, and is it correctable in any way that anyone knows of? It's mostly an annoyance, but a few characters have been demoted because of it.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 01:01:15 am »

When you download the game patches, it resets the lots to the standard motives, hunger, fun and social are depleted by 25%. I, being a long-time player, tend to leave the lot at night, preferable around 4 or 5 oclock in the morning, so when they are reset, they will not be up all night and tired all day. If there is a solution for this, let me know so I can go back to finishing the game when I want to. LOL Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Reluctantly Human

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 02:15:21 pm »

I am glad to see I am not the only one who is having this 'problem'. I've begun saving and quitting when all of my Sims go to bed, on lots where everyone goes to bed at the same time, so that has solved the car problem, but of course I never know when I'll be installing a new patch, so I have little forewarning to when I 'need' to do this. Oh well, at least I am not in this boat alone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: