Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:12:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: The Avalon Legacy - Updated 12/03/08 - Chapter 23  (Read 127484 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2008, 08:51:11 am »

Thanks, Terri!  Hopefully I can update it this weekend.  We don't have internet at home right now, so I haven't been able to post anything.  But I have been playing my Legacy family like crazy, and the 5th generation is almost out of college.  I've been working on the story a lot, too, and hopefully have come up with some fun updates to post when we are reconnected.

Thanks for reading, everyone!

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2008, 03:05:22 am »

She's so pretty! (Alynna) I miss pretty sims... I made Alex Goth have kids (with a pretty-ish sim) and *shudder* I shall say no more. I'm hoping I can breed out the ugliness lol. I love your sarcastic humour aswell. Hope your internet comes back soon.

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2008, 09:43:50 am »

Thanks, Squirt!  Alynna did turn out quite well, which I'm happy about since I didn't really want to deal with having more than one possible heir at this time.  I have such a hard time choosing sometimes, this way, there is only one possibility.  But I would have had another if Alynna had showed up with some major flaw, like sims tend to do sometimes.

Alex is actually a pretty good example of that.  I could never understand how he managed to be born to Mortimer and Bella - his features don't match at all.  I always thought Cassandra looked a little off, too, with her very thin face.  But...I'm terribly shallow.  Good luck finding some pretty stock to beautify the Goths, lol.

While we were internetless, I prepared several chapters of Avalon, and played the family through three generations!  I had missed them so much, so it was nice to visit them again.  Crikey, in my game, generation 5 is getting ready to turn into a teen.

I'm still learning my way around telling this story, so some sections may be kind of choppy, and some pictures kind of sloppy.  Choppy and sloppy, lol.  I hope you enjoy it, anyway.

Chapter 8

Mom is not only getting senile, she's getting paranoid, too.

Jess:  No peeking!

Kenya:  Honestly, Mom, I'm not looking at your diary.

Unbelievable.  I can't believe this is the second time in my life a thief has broken into our house.

The Law was there in a jiffy, giving that crook a lesson he'll never forget.  Thank goodness we're rich and influential - the police probably tripped all over each other to see who got to come to the Avalon house to help.

Wait a minute...why does the burglar have The Law in a headlock?

Oh no.  No no no...

This looks bad.  This looks real bad...

The Law:  I'm sorry.  He got away.

What?!

Unbelievable.  Absolutely unfathomable.  The crook got away with our flat screen tv.  And he beat the tar out of the policeman.  I bet that cute female officer that came out last time would have kicked his butt.

It's gone...Our beautiful flatscreen...gone...It doesn't matter that we're filthy rich and can just buy another one, not even feeling the dent of $8,000.  It's the fact that someone broke into our home, our sanctuary.  I feel so violated...

I'm worried about Alynna.  Now that she's a teen she seems to be completely boy crazy.  She brings so many boys home that I've started calling them by numbers because I lost track of their names.  This is Boy 1.  Some clown she drug home from school.

For once I'm sharing Dad's opinion.  Neither of us are impressed with this fellow.

Boy 2.  I don't know anything about this kid, but I can honestly say I got sick to my stomach seeing this.  How well does she know this guy?

And it gets worse.  Upon coming home from work one day, I spy my Little Princess shamelessly flirting with Boy 1.  What happened to Boy 2?

As I'm pondering what happened to my innocent little girl, a fire suddenly starts in the kitchen!  Everybody panics.

And then everyone flocks to the bathroom to wash the stink of smoke from their bodies.

The teens give up and retreat to the table to have dinner.  Oh great.  There's Boy 2 again.  And look - now we have a Boy 3.  Sigh.

Me:  Er...Good grief, Kenya!  What are you doing?  There are teens in the room!

Kenya:  Don't worry.  I shooed everyone out before I got all naked.

Me:  You know, showers were invented for a reason.

Kenya:  Your parents are fighting over the shower and I just couldn't wait.

Hooray!  My book is a best seller!  Woopie!

Go me!

Oh look what we have here.  Boy 4, sniffing around my daughter.

Shameless...Just disgusting.

It's okay if Kenya and I get our groove on.  We're married.  And monogomous.

Alynna looks embarrassed.  Mom is checking this kid out.  And I'm...uh...preoccupied.

Ah geez!  Who the heck is this kid?  Boy 5.  And why is she in her nightgown?

The worst has happened.  Dad died today.  He was coming out of the bathroom and the Grim Reaper was waiting for him.

He had a good life, and lived to be 81.  I don't think he had any regrets.  

Goodbye, Dad.

The next few days were just a blur.  I was so depressed over Dad's death that I didn't take any pictures.  Then, just three days later, Mom was claimed as well.  This is devastating for our family.  But Mom lived to be 84!  I think that's great, and I hope I can have such a long life.

Kenya and I are showing our age, now.  But, she's still beautiful.  Doesn't she look fabulous?

Our darling daughter gets a little play time in.  She's growing up quickly and...

...she soon leaves the nest for college.  I have to tell you, I'm very nervous about letting my very hormonal daughter loose on campus, unsupervised.  Lord knows what kind of trouble she could be getting herself into.

~*~*~*~*

Hi, Daddy!  Things are going well.  I have a roommate.  His name is Almeric Davis.  I had never even seen him before.  The college is busier than ever, and the dorms have run out of room.

He doesn't have enough money to rent a campus house, and he asked if he could share mine.  I was kind of hesitant at first, but I couldn't just let him live on the street.

Soon after I said yes I almost regretted it.  He's kind of...weird.  Like, he would stare at me a lot.  I always felt his eyes one me, it was so awkward.  It almost felt like he was judging me.

Boy 2?  You mean Ricky?  He's here, too.  I've see him on and off.  And Boy 1's name is Glen.  I thought I was in love with Glen.  We got along really well.

We've been on several dates.  And for awhile, I thought he was the one.  But I always noticed Almeric in the background, just watching us.

Boy 3?  You mean John.  He was like, three boyfriends ago.  I haven't seen him in ages.

Things got pretty serious with Edward, though.  I was crazy about him.

He's a fabulous kisser.  

Oh give me a break, Dad!  It's not like you never kissed before!  I am an adult, you know!

I was pretty sure he was the one.  I know I said that about Boy 1, I mean Glen.  But this was different.  Edward and I really meshed well together.

He was my day and night.  I thought about him all the time.  But there was Almeric, always watching.  It was kind of creepy.  

Francis!?  I am not going to settle down with anyone like that!  He's icky.  He's too refined, Dad.  I know you want a sophisticated son-in-law, but Francis is down right snobby.

Almeric and I started becoming good friends.  It occurred to me that my college days were nearly half over, and I barely even knew him.  I had never taken the time to even talk to him.  I found out he was a pretty decent guy.  I liked spending time with him, and I thought less about other boys while I was with him.

But it was when he invited me to the Campus Square that things really started to shift between us.  I noticed how handsome he was.  And he was a lot more fun to talk to than the other guys I was seeing.  He was smart.  That was refreshing.

But he's not completely serious, even though I thought he was.  He knows how to have fun, too.  I expected him to be repulsed by my playfulness, but he wasn't.  He's more playful than he looks.

I guess maybe it's the glasses that make him seem so serious.  That and the fact that he's so quiet.  It's easy to overlook him because he doesn't really stand out.

But even behind those glasses, I could see the spark of someone who was excited by life.  Even though quiet, he was pretty popular.  And he aspires to someday be at the top of the military career.  That's a lot of hard work, and I admire him for that.

I began to look at my life differently in his presence.  My life started to seem kind of shallow by comparison.  I mean, what were my hopes and dreams?  To woohoo with twenty different sims?

Oh come on, Dad.  I'm sure you knew.  You had to have noticed the constant parade of boys coming in and out of the house at all hours.  I know you're not that blind.

And my reputation was starting to haunt me.  That stupid cheerleader who saw me with Edward in the car on our date just had to bring it up one night when she was over studying.  Yes, Dad, the car.

Sharon:  So, how many boys do you think Alynna has woohooed with.  Ten?  Twenty?  

Almeric:  I don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Sharon:  Do you think you'll be next to jump on the Alynna train and go for a ride?  

Me:  I heard that.  I'm standing right here, you know.

I shrugged it off like it was no big deal.  But that comment really hurt.  And other people have said things, too.

But all my worries faded away when I was with Almeric.  I no longer cared about anyone's opinion.  I felt that he was interested in all of me, not just what I had under my skirt.  Oh, sorry, Dad.  He really listened to me, like he really wanted to know what I was thinking,

I suddenly realized that I was in love with him.  Truly in love.  It was nothing like what I had felt with all the other boys.  This was a feeling of purity.  Like I wanted to do whatever it took to make him happy, that I wanted nothing more than to get married and carry his babies.

And I wanted to commit to him right away.  I didn't want to let another minute pass by without the whole world knowing I belonged to him, and only him.  He made me so happy when he accepted.

He's...wonderful.  He's everything a girl could ask for and more.  Kind, considerate, giving...

Oh, Dad!  I can't believe you'd ask me that!  Of course we haven't!  I'm saving myself for marriage.  Well, I mean, I'm saving myself from now on for marriage.  I can't wait to bring him home to meet you after graduation.  I just know you'll love him.

How will life be different for Alynna now that her Aspiration has changed?  Will her parents accept Almeric into their home?  Will they both reach their Lifetime Wants?  Tune in to the next chapter to find out.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 03:16:47 pm by Astral Faery » Logged

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2008, 02:36:43 pm »

Hooo boy, that girl is... popular.
What was I saying before about Bad Girls in this legacy? Smiley
Nice little tale there but that was a little creepy with him just watching her all the time.

I didn't notice any sloppy or choppyness in this post, but why does the Grim Reaper come with Hula Dancers? :smt104
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2008, 03:34:51 pm »

Because they both hit perma-plat before they died Wink

Great update Ari Smiley Sad about his parents, but at least they had a good life - the last part was sweet, too Smiley

No requests please
xgreydovex

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2008, 04:49:25 pm »

i absolutly adore this legacy!
x]

Im looking for judges and prize donations for my upcoming contest Killer Instinct: The search for the next Assassin.  If you're interested or have any questions, pm me Smiley
Life is just one giant freak show, so just buy a ticket and enjoy the ride...:happy8:
click here to check out my new series, Madhouse! it would be much appreciated Cheesy
mpb4l1fe

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2008, 10:21:44 pm »

Such a great story, wow. It didnt really seem choppy or sloppy. =))
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2008, 02:41:40 am »

Quote from: Sadie79;1255808
Because they both hit perma-plat before they died Wink

Ah. After I asked, I began to suspect that might be it.
Would prefer a Vegas-style chorus line myself, but that's just me. Smiley
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2008, 12:30:01 pm »

Thanks a lot, guys!

Steelguy - Yeah, it was kind of creepy that Almeric stared all the time.  I set up some of the shots, but he seemed to look at her a lot of his own accord.  It's almost like he knew his destiny, lol.

Sadie - thanks!  Yes, that's the hard part of legacies, letting go.  But they can't all just hang around or there would be no room for the next generation.  I had a really hard time letting go of Almeric and Alynna and had them sipping elixir for quite awhile, lol.

greydove - thank you!  I'm glad you're enjoying it.  I didn't know how it would stack up against other legacies out there, but I really wanted to do it.  I'm having a really good time.

mpb - aw, thanks!  I meant choppy because sometimes it seems like I'm rushing through things too much.  Like not taking pictures between Elwyn's and Jess's deaths - 3 whole days and I didn't snap a single pic.  Sloppy because you can see the sky in some shots and the walls are down in others.  Sometimes I can't avoid that in smaller rooms, but I really do try to.

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2008, 05:01:51 pm »

I'm bored.  You guys want an update?

Chapter 9

Well, here I am.  Back home after college and ready to start my life.  I finally figured out what I want out of life.  I want to have three children and watch them all graduate from college.  It was such a life changing experience for me, I want to share it.

Ah, there's my handsome man.  You'll probably see lots of pictures of him.  I just think he's the hottest thing to ever walk the earth.

Mom thinks he's pretty hot, too.  But...that's kind of creepy.

We wasted no time at all tying the knot.  The day after we got home we had our wedding.  I was thrilled to be the first Avalon to use the beautiful wedding pavilion Dad built.  There was a time in my life I didn't think I'd ever get married - when I feared it, actually, but now I'm ecstatic.

Me and my beautiful husband kissing for the first time as man and wife.

Mmm.  This cake looks delicious.

Aw, isn't he cute?  I think he was afraid I was going to shove it in his mouth.  But I wouldn't want to get his gorgeous face all messy.

A little pillow fighting in our formals.

And then we're whisked away on our honeymoon.

I also didn't want to waste any time getting pregnant.  I want babies!

I got pregnant on the first try!  It's like I was truly meant to do this.  I thought I would start on my novel, because soon it would be difficult to find time to work on it.  It's like a tradition in our family.

My husband can't keep his hands off me.  And I love it!  Even with a belly the size of a basketball, he's always kissing me and cuddling with me.

Like Grandpa Elwyn before him, Dad is a grouch.  Here he is ripping Almeric a new one for whatever reason.

I love him.  He takes it.  He doesn't argue, because he knows that will just get Dad going even more.  He quietly mumbles an apology and lets it drop.  That's for the best.

And Dad complains about the toys that will someday be scattered on the floor, even though our first child hasn't even been born, yet.

I felt the baby kick today.  I wonder if it's a boy or a girl?  I'll find out pretty soon.

Town Paranoid:  You've been spying on me with that telescope, haven't you?

Town Paranoid:  Hey, what's that in there?  Is that a...a...baby?

Of course it's a baby, you moron!  How dare you run into my house and shove me!  DON'T MESS WITH A PREGNANT WOMAN!!  I will chew you up and spit you out before you can even figure out what happened!

Dad's pretty excited about being a grandpa.  Whenever he talks to the baby it starts kicking like crazy.  It really likes the sound of his voice.  I'm getting so tired of saying 'it' all the time.  I'm ready for this baby to come out, already!

Grandpa's ghost came out tonight.  Scared Dad pretty good, but he loved it.  He's been wanting to see a ghost for awhile, now.

Aaahh!  The baby's coming!

Dad couldn't be interrupted during his cake, even though I was screaming my head off!  I can't believe the pain!  I'm never going to get pregnant again!  Ever!

It's a girl!  Baby Laurana - with the Avalon gold eyes.  Aw, she's beautiful!  I can't wait to have more!

Sigh.  That would be Boy 2 - Ricky Cormier.  

He never quite got over the fact that I dumped him.  He thinks it's Almeric's fault, but I dropped him before I ever realized my feelings for Almeric,

Time for Laurana's birthday!  Sorry, no toddler shot.  Because as soon as the confetti fell...

...I was puking...

...puking...

...puking.

Once I was comfortably in my second trimester, the sickness went away and I was able to focus on Laurana's skills.  With the help of smartmilk, it was easy going.

Dad's starting to creep me out.  He's so desperate to see the ghost of one of his dead parents that he actually sat a chair in between the tombstones.  He spends a lot of time sitting out there, just waiting.

Laurana and I using the potty together.  I sure am glad she's potty trained now!

Almeric:  Argh!  I was just getting ready to use the toilet!

Me:  Sorry, honey.  The baby is pressing on my bladder.  I can't hold it.

Almeric invited one of his friends from college over for a visit.  Vyn Stompel arrived wearing her cow mascot outfit.  Watching her eat was...disgusting.

Vyn:  Aaah!  Naked old lady in the shower!

Kenya:  You should have knocked, dear.

Vyn:  You should have locked the door!

More husband spammage.  I just can't stop taking pictures of this man.  And ooh, just look at him in that uniform.  He's on his way to become a general.

It's time!  The baby's coming!

Oooh the pain!  What the heck is your problem, buddy?  You're not giving birth!  Where's my husband?

AAAHHH!!  QUIT STANDING THERE LIKE AN IDIOT AND GO GET MY HUSBAND SO I CAN KILL HIM!  HE DID THIS TO ME!!!  I swear I'll never ever EVER have another baby again!

Almeric's twin brother, Aldric holds his new neice.  Her name is Aislyn.  She has her daddy's skintone and bright green eyes.

It wasn't long after Aislyn's birth that Laurna turned into a gorgeous child.  Great job, sweetie!

La la la not listening!

I didn't take any baby shots of Aislyn, and it wasn't long before it was time for her to have her first birthday.  Look at that head of hair!

Potty training Aislyn.  I guess Almeric couldn't wait until we were done before using the toilet, which is so dirty I can smell it from the other room.  Yuck!

Not surprisingly, the thing clogged up and Mom just had to give Almeric her two cents.  I don't know what it is with my parents lecturing everyone all the time.

I mean, just look at that face.  You'd think he broke a window or something.  It's not a big deal, it happens all the time in this house with so many people.

My poor hubby sure takes a lot of crap from his inlaws.  He's such a stud.  He just takes it.

And will you just look at this?  He's been promoted to astronaut!  I'm so proud of him.  He's been working really hard, and he's almost at the top.

Me:  Hey, baby.  You know I love it when you wear your space suit to bed.

Almeric:  You do?

Me:  Mmmhmm.  How about we try for baby number three?

Almeric:  What?  Another baby?  Isn't two enough?

Me:  Come one, stud.  You know I want three.  Besides, wouldn't you like to try for a boy?

Almeric:  You talked me into it.  

Will Almeric and Alynna succeed in getting pregnant?  Will Almeric get to the top of the military career?  Will the Avalon family always be a bunch of grouchy neat freaks?  Tune in to the next chapter to find out.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 03:15:16 pm by Astral Faery » Logged

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2008, 05:31:02 pm »

Haha, with a nice guy like Almeric I doubt it. They needed someone like him to balance things out Wink (I have actually played with both brothers before, they're sweeties :love2: And cute! Who'd have thought it of Maxis characters?)

Those two make a cute couple though Smiley Sounds like she's not (quite) as grouchy as her parents... and her dad's starting to act like Olive Specter? Yikes...

Great update Cheesy

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2008, 06:00:19 pm »

Thanks, Sadie!

I've always loved those Davis brothers.  I've played them both, before, awhile back.  They're so pretty.  Smiley

Alynna is a little nicer - not a whole lot, though, lol.  She has her moments.

xgreydovex

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2008, 07:57:43 pm »

MORE!
please
Smiley

Im looking for judges and prize donations for my upcoming contest Killer Instinct: The search for the next Assassin.  If you're interested or have any questions, pm me Smiley
Life is just one giant freak show, so just buy a ticket and enjoy the ride...:happy8:
click here to check out my new series, Madhouse! it would be much appreciated Cheesy
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2008, 08:52:56 pm »

Thanks!  I'll probably update within a week.

cypherathos

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2008, 09:21:12 pm »

More! Yay!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: