Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 08:56:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: The Avalon Legacy - Updated 12/03/08 - Chapter 23  (Read 129235 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2008, 10:29:46 am »

Uh oh...This could be bad (for a shallow person like me, lol)!

Link: The tights-wearing, puzzle-solving wonder!
"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
Karla!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2008, 02:08:34 pm »

jaja this story makes me laugh my pants out xD
yesterday i was reading it and then all of a sudden started
to laugh out loud and my sister was just staring
great story! i love it keep up the GREAT work:)

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2008, 04:36:12 pm »

It's not that bad, Medagic, lol.  I know what you mean, though, I'm a shallow simmer, too.

Welcome, Karla!  Thanks for your wonderful comments.  I'm so glad you're enjoying the legacy.  To be honest, I didn't think it would get as many great responses as it has had so far - but I'm so glad it has!  I love my legacy family, but I may not be as inspired to continue if it hadn't been for all the support I've received.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
xgreydovex

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 15, 2008, 04:34:36 pm »

MOAR!
Smiley
and they all are really pretty, its gunna be a tough competition for heir!

Im looking for judges and prize donations for my upcoming contest Killer Instinct: The search for the next Assassin.  If you're interested or have any questions, pm me Smiley
Life is just one giant freak show, so just buy a ticket and enjoy the ride...:happy8:
click here to check out my new series, Madhouse! it would be much appreciated Cheesy
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 15, 2008, 08:16:53 pm »

I'm sure they look fine, I may be shallow when it comes to my simmies but there is no way you could dilute those pretty faces so quickly!!

"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2008, 12:47:28 am »

Lol. I love this legacy. And paranoid Kendra. "Does Alwyn know? Does he suspect anything?"

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2008, 11:57:30 am »

Sorry for the late response, guys.  I couldn't get into this site for the last two days!  I kept getting a database error message.  I'm glad things are back to normal.

greydove - it was a very tough competition.  That's one reason why I don't like having more than one child, but it also adds more fun, too.

medagic - oh, they're still pretty, lol.  I can't really tell you what feature stands out, you'll just have to wait and see.  I'll try to get an update before Monday.

Squirt - it was really funny - she just couldn't move past it.  She was obssessed with it, and it looked like she was being paranoid, so I kind of took advantage of it.

Thanks, everyone, for all your kind words and support.  It means a bunch to me!

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2008, 12:16:55 pm »

Chapter 11

There's something disturbing about watching your overweight granparents getting friendly in their underwear.  But it doesn't seem to bother Laurana too much.  She told me that she wants to have six children!  And marry them all off.  I think that's great, but unless we have some serious remodeling, we really can't fit that many kids in this house.  Plus choosing an heir would be twice as difficult for her as it is for me.

I guess old food is better than no food, eh George?

Too bad you don't live here.  Then you could eat what you want.  Mom's having deep dish pizza, and Dad is having what looks like waffles with banana.  Fresh food.

Dad has maxed out all his skills.  He knows he doesn't have much time left, and it's important to him to achieve that goal before he leaves this world.

Aislynn:  I'm really happy to see Grandpa.  I really am.  But I don't know why I'm frowning.  Stupid teen hormones!

Things still aren't going well with Laurana and George.  I'm beginning to think she should start looking for someone else to share that important first kiss with.

We have a new maid.  I don't know what happened to Remington, but this guy is much better looking.  He's friendly, too, always saying hi to everyone when he enters the house.

Dad died today!  We're all so sad.  He was only 78 - I honestly thought he had more time left.  Now there's no more time to say I love you or get one of his hard punches in my arm.

Goodbye, Dad.  You'll be missed.

Almeric:  Whatcha doin' there, Squirt?

Lucian:  I'm trying to pee!  Why does everyone always barge into this bathroom!  If I become heir I'm going to do something about that.

Aw, things are looking up between these two.  I hope she's not too serious about that guy.  I'd hate to see that beak on my grandchildren.

Finally!  It's been a long time coming, but Laurana finally got her first kiss today.  Now she's walking on a cloud.

Er, I know they just shared a kiss, but isn't that kind of creepy?

Isn't this kid gorgeous?  Great genes.  His name is Joseph Jalowski.  Aislynn really likes him.  Her goal is to reach her Golden Anniversary, and she wants this to be the guy she does that with.  But I have my doubts about that.  I know he's more interested in chasing girls around than settling down to have a family.  I recognize the signs.  I used to be more interested in romance, too.  It's possible he could grow up during college, like I did.  I just don't want to see my baby girl get her heart broken.

Aislynn, like her sister, is a little too eager for that first kiss and pushes things too fast.  I think she was only trying to give the guy a hug, but he wasn't having that.

Then he just stood there scowling at her.  Poor girl.

Me:  Do you remember when you were just a toddler?  You were such a breeze to potty train.

Laurana:  Geez, Mom, that's kind of gross.

Laurana:  But I'm glad I was such an easy baby.  Maybe that will help you choose me for heir.

A cute picture of Cat sleeping.  Such a pretty girl.

Joseph:  I'm fully potty trained.  That's helpful, don't you think?

Joseph:  And I know how to drive on slippery roads.  I'd make a great addition to this legacy.

This guy can't be serious, can he?

Aislynn:  Can you believe that guy, Mom?  Talking about being potty trained?  That's just so...ew.

Looks like George likes Aislynn.

And she likes him back.  Sigh.  I really don't him in this legacy.

Joseph is potty trained and he can play the piano.  He's really good, too.  Aislynn gets down to the music.

Normally I'd be upset by this.  But Mom is getting old and we've already lost Dad.  So Laurana eating pie at 1:30 in the morning with her grandma is a nice little treat.  Just the two of them.

Mom and Lucian aren't having a good conversation.  A conflict of interests, I guess.

He's not interest in law, that's for sure.

Kenya:  Stupid shower!

Me:  Maybe we should buy a new one.  This one seems to be breaking down all the time.

Kenya:  Eek!  When did you come in here and draw a bath, wait for the water to fill, then get in the tub without me noticing?

Me:  About twenty minutes ago.  You know, you should really learn to watch your language.

Me:  Do you mind?

Kenya:  But I was just getting ready to use it!

Me:  Ow!  You hit as hard as Dad used to hit!

Kenya:  Heh heh heh.  I still got it!

Laurana:  Did Dad tell you about the rats?  They'll come in the middle of the night and eat your face off.

Laurana:  And then bugs will crawl in and out of your eyesockets.  That is, unless you step out of running for heir.

Lucian:  We'll see.  I am the only boy.  I think I stand a pretty good chance.

Aislynn and Joseph were hugging outside today.  They look really good together, and the kid sometimes seems sincere.  It probably won't be too long until she gets that kiss.

Oh....the time is here.  It's so heartbreaking.  I know we should be happy for the extra time we got with Mom, she lived to be 83, but it's still so sad to see her go.

Goodbye, Mom.

Laurana:  Good job learning to use the toilet all those years ago.  We're all very proud of you.

Aislynn:  What!  What the heck are you talking about?  Why is everyone in this house so obsessed with potty training?

Laurana:  This is what I'm talking about!  I'm going to be heir!  Me me me!

Lucian grows into a gorgeous teen.  Unlike his sisters, he doesn't want to hear the pitter patter of little feet all over the house.  He wants to follow in his grandfather Alwyn's footsteps and be an Education Minister.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.  He says he doesn't want to have children, and there needs to be at least one heir.  Hopefully he'll change his mind about that, or he'll be out of the running.

Laurana:  You're not going to marry my sister and move in here!  I'm going to be heir!  Me me me!

Joseph:  What's your problem?  I haven't even kissed your sister, yet, and you're talking about marriage?  That's a little steep.  I don't ever want to get married and tie myself down.

Laurana:  Oh.  Well, sorry, then.

With only two days left until my birthday, I realized I would be long old and gray before my last child even went off to college.  I was worried that Almeric and I wouldn't live long enough to meet our grandchildren.  So I purchased some Elixir of Life.

But I forgot to consult my aspiration level first, and it backfired.  I'm an old lady two days too soon!  I thought I was going to cry, but it's not necessarily a bad thing.  I grew up well and had a good and fulfilling adulthood, full of little children.  I can just keep drinking elixir to keep myself from aging while the grandchildren are little.  I would like to at least see them all into their teens.

Is Alynna any closer to choosing an heir?  Will she be able to see her grandchildren into their teens?  Read the next chapter to find out!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 03:11:52 pm by Astral Faery » Logged

Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2008, 01:28:54 pm »

Lol. ><
It's going to be really funny to see who's the heir.  I bet they're going to be fighting A LOT. Love it. Wink

mpb4l1fe

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 21, 2008, 01:44:25 pm »

I agree, lol. Great update Astral! Smiley
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 21, 2008, 04:14:13 pm »

Aww... another generation passes away...
I guess that means a slightly smaller queue for the bathroom though. Smiley

And the fight for heir begins! Noogies! Lol!
Random conversations about Rats 'n bugs!
I love the way she's rolling her eyes when Joseph's talking.

And who was that blond girl in the cowboy hat that walked through the background in that scene?
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2008, 08:53:36 am »

Thank you, Medagic!  Any guesses on who the heir might be?

There's Laurana:  firstborn, gold eyes, family sim

Aislynn:  killer eyelashes, cute boyfriend, family sim

Lucian:  only boy, cute potential girlfriend, knowledge sim

I'd love to hear opinions.  It was quite a tough choice, as I kind of flip flopped back and forth several times, so I really had to take a good hard look at them all, their aspirations, personalities, their Lifetime Wants and their potential mates to finally make up my mind.  I don't think I was completely sure until the college years, and then I double guessed myself.  Sigh.  I think choosing heir is the hardest part.

mpb - thanks a bunch!  I'm glad you're enjoying it!

steelguy - yeah, unfortunately, if you play by the rules you have to watch your sims pass on.  I kind of cheated a couple of times during the legacy and I'm not really scoring anymore, but I still want to play it close to the rules.

The blonde girl with pigtails and a cowboy hat is a downtownie.  Her name is different in every neighborhood, but she is always wearing a pink striped shirt, except here, where she's wearing her military work uniform.  She's one of Almeric's friends that he brought home.

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2008, 09:37:23 am »

Haha, I really must have a go at this one of these days Cheesy Great update though. As for heir? Hmm.. I'd be willing to bet Lucian changes aspiration at college and winds up being it Wink He's absolutely gorgeous though :love2:

No requests please
xgreydovex

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2008, 01:15:42 pm »

i think Laurana should be heir; she was the firstborn, and she has the familys gorgeous golden eyes. Its only right to pass them along the generations.

Im looking for judges and prize donations for my upcoming contest Killer Instinct: The search for the next Assassin.  If you're interested or have any questions, pm me Smiley
Life is just one giant freak show, so just buy a ticket and enjoy the ride...:happy8:
click here to check out my new series, Madhouse! it would be much appreciated Cheesy
mpb4l1fe

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2008, 11:33:16 am »

Hmmm. I'm torn between Laurana and Lucian.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: