Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 06:38:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: The Avalon Legacy - Updated 12/03/08 - Chapter 23  (Read 128720 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2008, 07:11:11 pm »

Quote from: Astral Faery;1286882
I don't consider using the agesimscheat as actual cheating, because you're still using a townie/npc.  I've used to grow kids and teens up, too, to open up more possibilities - but everyone has their own level of comfort.

Something you may consider though, is using default skin and eye replacements - they make a big difference in the appearance of townies/downtownies.

Oh!  And don't forget to scope out those Universities!  Some of them have some cuties!

Good luck!

I honestly don't even know what the agesimscheat is... haha

My stories::tongue8:

And then, there you were.. = In progress..

The Bartlett Legacy = In progress..
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2008, 02:02:01 am »

Quote from: Astral Faery;1286737

Sadie - oy!  I hope you find the problem with your subhoods.

Have you had much luck with the cleaned up/empty neighborhood templates?  I've been curious, but haven't tried it, yet.  I've just, erm, disposed of all of the default townies and made my own.  I used the debug force townie method, though, instead of spawning the maker.  What is the difference between the two?

What default skin/eyes do you use in your game?  I'm using Louis skin, Yumedust eyes, and Selzi face replacements.  They seem to all blend together pretty well.

I look forward to meeting your founder!

Thanks - although short of uninstalling K&B/maybe FT (too), I'm out of options. I can however attach custom ones, so I may have to do that instead. Luckily there's a way to make your own secret lots, and there's a ready-made Twikki one on MTS2. Found a good one for the Asian one, and Bigfoot's domain'll be easy given how simple he lives. Soo, I've been going crazy downloading custom lots for each area :smt120

Cleaned-up templates? Couldn't live without them Cheesy I got Maxis playables for the Unis and suburb, but the rest are empty. Force townie? Does that do it one at a time? The maker route lets you make all of them at once, plus downtownies. Dunno if that's the only difference, but that's the one I go with.

As I mentioned to someone else, the face replacements I use (at least for this one) are by terrakosmos. I've tried out spookymuffin's set in other hoods, and they look cool too. For skins I'm using JWilson's cleaned up and sexy feet compatible Oepu skins. Eyes - in this one at least - I'm using dragonmandy's eyes, although I geneticised some other eyes too and made them townie friendly. Did the same with some of Oepu's skins, so no telling how the townies will turn out Wink The eyes you see in Xenophobia are called "Just Reflect" by LaExotique (I think), but I need to use Anva's sclera mask with those.

The girl I'm using for founder is actually "leftovers" from something else I did - I needed to make some sims to represent characters in this project we were doing at Uni, so she already has a back-story of sorts. Will have to fill the gaps somehow, but that's part of the fun Wink

@2B: Everyone's tastes are different. Your best bet is to look around on here and MTS2 to find something you like, although Louis/SC/Ren skins are very popular.

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: June 27, 2008, 12:59:40 pm »

Wow!  So much discussion going on in this thread.

2B - Well, as Sadie said, everyone has individual tastes.  If you head over to Mod the Sims 2, and type 'default' into the search box, you'll get like, 17 pages of many different things, eyes and skins included.  I recommend you just try different ones and see what suits your tastes.  I went through several sets before I settled on Louis.

I use these Lin's Edition Louis skins in the Avalon Legacy.  I like them better than the standard Louis skins, because I think the neck looks much smoother.  However, I don't like the fact that there's an addon package that you need to download with it.  If you package a lot with sims in it using that skintone, the addon package goes with it, and inserts itself into whoever's game that downloads it.  This caused a big problem for me and a friend when I sent her a lot and didn't think to check the cleanpack before sending it to her.  It messed up all of her maxis skintones, because the game thought she had the Louis skins as defaults, so it overrode them.  Not a huge problem for the skintones that went with the package, but there was no dark skintone attached, and all of her darkskin sims were suddenly messed up.  She solved the problem by deleting the package, but still...it's concerning if you don't know to do that.  Many people don't.

If you don't want to deal with all that but still want Louis skins as defaults, try these.  They're really pretty, but the neck always looks a little odd to me.

Sorry, to go on and on, lol.  For eyes, I tried many different kinds and decided these are my favorites.  During the early days of the legacy, though, I used two other sets.

Very important.  Before you start downloading any defaults, make a separate folder in your Downloads called DEFAULTS (in all caps so it stands out).  Make sure you extract your new defaults into that folder only.  Then, when you want to change them, they're really easy to find.  You can only have one set of defaults at a time, so make sure you take the old ones out if you want to try different ones.  Otherwise the game gets confused and can't figure out which skins to use, which can cause crashing.

I hope I answered your question adequately without boring you to tears. Wink

Savemykisses - The age sim cheat is fabulous.  I use it to grow up freaking Marsha Bruenig so she'll stop stalking my house all the time!  In the early days, when I was nice, I just shipped her off to college to get rid of her.  But, I've not been as nice since, lol.  One time I aged a townie teen into a toddler and he crawled away!  That cracked me up.  Do you know how to open your cheatbox?  Ctrl+Shift+C opens it up.  Then type in   agesimscheat on    in the box.  You'll now get the option to 'set age' when you click on any sim.  You can set it to any age the game has, from toddler to elder.  Sometimes that sim will become a temporary member of the household, but will still leave around the time they normally would, anyway.  You can turn the cheat off by typing in   agesimscheat off

Sadie - I have two different games on two different accounts.  In my main game, where my stories are, I use the Lin's Edition skins, but I wanted something different for my secondary game.  I spent three days looking and trying out different skins, chasing dead links for skins I really liked, or finding pay ones, which I refuse to do.  I wanted to try Oepu's skins to see if I liked them ingame, but couldn't seem to find a valid link for the defaults.  I don't suppose you could direct me to one, could you?  I'd love to try them to see what I think.  They look awesome with a high end graphics card, which I don't have, but I still want to see how they look.

I might have try your method of creating townies next time.  The method I use makes them one at a time, 30 townies, but it only takes a couple of minutes.  There's an option to make downtownies as well, but I've never tried that.

One of these days I'm going to try those templates.  I'm kind of a weinie, though, and have to get brave enough, lol.  I know a lot of people use them with no problems.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2008, 06:44:33 pm »

Very cool, 2B.  I hope you like them.

I feel like doing an update, today.  And before anyone says anything, I realize I sort of cheated Lucian out of some of his teenhood, but again, I was starting to get bored at this point and wanted to move on to the next phase.  I hope you still enjoy it.

Chapter 12

Lucian:  Hooray!  I'm the first one to use the new bathroom!

Almeric's birthday is later today.  But it doesn't bother him that I aged before he did.  We're still pretty hot together.

It's time for our firstborn to go to college.  They grow up so fast.  Sniff!

Goodbye, sweetie!  Have a good time.

Aislynn:  If I win this game I get to be heir.

Lucian:  Not if I have anything to say about it!

We have a new maid.  He's very friendly, and always waving at everyone.  I have no idea what happened to Remmington, but I don't really care, either.  

Lucian likes Claire.  I knew he would.

Aislynn gets her first kiss!  Ah, young love.

Now that's just precious.  Lucian is flirting with Claire, and they're both so shy.

I'm not trying to spy on my kids, but I'm trying to find out more about their love interests so I can make my decision easier.

Claire is a Virgo.  That means she's neat.  I like that.  Lucian already inherited the Avalon super neat streak, and adding Claire to the family means chances are pretty good that the family line will stay neat.  Both of my girls are sloppy and lazy, like they're father.  And unlike most of the preceeding Avalons before him, Lucian is also very nice.  But he's painfully shy, not outgoing like I am.  Hmmm.  It's going to be a very tough choice.

And my handsome hubby ages beautifully.  He still looks just as handsome as he did in his youth.

Oh, look, the town paranoid is back, shoving Almeric because he thinks he's been spied on again.

I always wonder how these people think they're being spied on, anyway.  It seems like everytime we use the telescope during the day, they get their underwear in a knot and come over here shoving people around.  If you want my opinion, I think they're all spying on us.  I mean, we are a rather influential family.  They probably just all want a piece of the Avalon Legacy pie.  Sorry, folks.  No room in this legacy for paranoid freaks.  Each parent gets the choice of choosing the heir and mate.

That's my man.  He gives it right back.

Then he slouches and stares, like I've seen him do so often.  Isn't he cute?

Lucian asked Claire on a date.  Mom's ghost is already out and haunting.  It's so creepy how she looks at them.

Then she jumps right through Claire and scares her grandson.  He was right in the middle of telling a joke, too.

Creepy!

Aislynn:  You look kind of tired, Mom.  Maybe you should go to bed.

Me:  No, no.  I'm fine.

Aislynn:  Are you sure?  You don't look fine.

Aislynn:  She passed out in her fish fingers!

Aislynn:  Ew.  I like the things and all, but I wouldn't want to sleep in them.

Me:  Huh?  What happened?  Did I fall asleep?

Aislynn:  Nope.  We're just all sitting here eating.  Nothing unusual.

Me:  I smell fish.

That's very sweet.  She's really in love with him.  And he seems genuine.

And then he looks at her chest.  Sigh.  I suppose most teenage boys would do the same, but I'm very nervous about Joseph.

I'm so afraid he's going to break her heart someday.  She has big dreams of growing old with someone, and I worry that Joseph won't stay true.  However, adding him to the family would make for more diversity.  Claire is a wonderful girl.  But she aspires to knowedge.  Just like Lucian.  And Elwyn, and my father Alwyn.  It would be nice to have something different.

Oh geez.  A mother really shouldn't have to see that.

I'm so in love with my beautiful hubby.  And I make sure he knows it.

And he still looks great in his uniform.  Yum!

Lucian:  Okay.  Whoever wins rock, paper, scissors gets to be heir.  Ready?

Aislynn:  Yay!  I won!  I won!  I get to be heir!

Lucian:  Grrrr!

Aislynn:  Hooray!  Hooray!

Lucian:  No fair, I wasn't ready!  Best two out of three.

Lucian:  Yes!  In your face!  I won!  Woot!

Lucian:  Yeah, I'm awesome.

Aislynn:  Hold on, little brother.  We still have one round to go.

Lucian:  A tie!  Do you think Mom would let us both be heir?

Some nights more than one of the ghosts comes out to haunt and check things out.

I peeked out the window just in time to see that boy, Joseph, leave a huge telescope as a thank you gift for his date with Aislynn.  Wow!  That's really something.  It makes those flowers that Lucian got from Claire look pretty pathetic, doesn't it?

The ghosts are kind of creepy.  I hate the way they always seem to be looking at us as we go about our lives.  I always wonder what they're thinking, if they can think, that is.

Almeric and I may be old, but we can still cut a rug.

And we still do other things, too.  Ahem...

Lucian loves to dance.  He does it almost every chance he gets.  Here he's doing the Smustle with his dad.  Almeric can't quite get the hang of it, though.

Aislynn asked Joseph to go steady with her and he accepted.  I'm not quite sure he was happy about it, though.

My book is a bestseller.  But I don't look very happy about it, do I?

I really am thrilled, I'm just stuck beteen the chair and the desk, that's all.  Help, please?

Here's Joseph bragging about his dream date with Aislynn.  I have to admit I got a little tickle about that.

But this little piece of work, whatever her name is, decided to gossip about my daughter.  I wanted to smack her.

Joseph looks apalled, but part of me thinks he is laughing about it on the inside, and the shocked look is just for show.  I sure hope I'm wrong about him.

Flame died today.  I haven't taken many pictures of the cats because this house is always so busy, but Flame was the third generation male - and father of the fourth generation of cats.  He and his mate, Cat, birthed Thing 2 - the heir (and fourth generation).  He'll be missed.

Aislynn cut one at the table today.  You should have seen Joseph giggling.  He just thought it was the funniest thing.

Then Aislynn started laughing, too.  Sigh.  Kids.  I'll never understand them.

Almeric didn't have the patience to wait for a repairman.  I was a little worried about him, but he's pretty mechanically inclined, and got it working again in no time.  Now it's as good as new.

It's time to ship the babies off to college.  Sigh.  I feel so old.  I can't believe it's time again already.  Goodbye, Aislynn.

And you, too, Lucian.  Don't forget to invite me over once in awhile.

In the next chapter Alynna chooses an heir.  Who will it be?  Come back next chapter to find out!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 03:10:10 pm by Astral Faery » Logged

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
xgreydovex

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 28, 2008, 10:49:13 pm »

EEEEEEEEEK!
im terribly excited and anxious.
im rooting for Laurana, my second choice would be Lucian, but theres already been enough male heirs, its time to even it up x]

Im looking for judges and prize donations for my upcoming contest Killer Instinct: The search for the next Assassin.  If you're interested or have any questions, pm me Smiley
Life is just one giant freak show, so just buy a ticket and enjoy the ride...:happy8:
click here to check out my new series, Madhouse! it would be much appreciated Cheesy
mpb4l1fe

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 28, 2008, 11:22:13 pm »

Hmmm. I'm still stuck between Lucian and Laurana.

Lol.

Great update!
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: June 28, 2008, 11:47:07 pm »

Thanks for reading, guys.  I'll get the next chapter up in about a week-ish.

Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 29, 2008, 10:59:08 am »

I'm voting for Lucian!!  He has the best prospects I think.  
We gotta carry on the neat-freak-ness that the Avalon family is known for!  Not to mention he can dance! Cheesy

Link: The tights-wearing, puzzle-solving wonder!
"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 29, 2008, 11:12:34 pm »

Yes, it should be Lucian! Heh funny update. The ghost through claire pic was f-r-e-a-k-y.

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2008, 06:49:46 am »

I'm back! For now - I'm getting disconnected later today. In the meantime though:

Great update! Almeric ages well Cheesy In answer to your question, jwilson's tweaked version can be found here (barbie) and here (adult). The templates include things like fixed DNA if you play the Maxis hoods at all, or ever encounter the characters, as well as absence of Maxoid townies that infest every neighbourhood you create, so it's well worth using Smiley They don't hurt your game, might even improve it Wink Interesting idea about separate accounts for different games, might have to try that out. Will be easier to install lots, since that feature in AGS is still hit and miss.

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2008, 12:44:52 pm »

Thanks everyone!  Lots of votes for Lucian and a few for Laurana - none for Aislynn.  Doesn't anyone like her, lol?

Sadie - cool deal!  I've read about the DNA screwups in Strangetown, and barely skirted the issue when I played it (had no idea about the DNA stuff - so got lucky!)  It's a shame, too, because Chloe is really pretty and would make nice babies, I'm sure.  So the templates would be a great help.  And thanks for the links to the skintones.  I'm always looking at different sets for my secondary game.  I love Louis, but wanted something a little different.  Unfortunately, I'm very picky, lol.  I might try to get brave sometime and just take skins I like and do them myself, but that is almost scary for me.  The only thing I ever use SimPe for is extracting sims.  Thanks for all your help and we'll see you when you get connected again!  Sucks, though.  But I hope you like your new place (flat?).

xTERRIx

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 03, 2008, 11:23:55 pm »

MOAR!!! it's such a good legacy! i tried once, then just gave up XD

<signature removed due to size, please refer to forum rules>
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: July 04, 2008, 08:27:33 pm »

Thanks, Terri!  Sometimes it gets pretty hard to stick with it.

Chapter 13

An heir has been chosen.  I hope no one is disappointed that I picked Aislynn.  But I'll tell you why I did.  I struggled very hard trying to decide - I always do, that's why I almost hate having more than one offspring.  Not being able to choose can actually cripple my progress and bring me to a grinding halt.

I had this narrowed down to 2.  Laurana was never in the running because her Lifetime want was to marry off 6 kids.  Er, no thanks.  Been there, done that, still have the pain in my butt because of it.

I loved Lucian.  A lot, and I had a hard time not choosing him.  But the reason why I didn't, was because he's a knowledge sim, and so is Claire, his potential mate.  I've already had 3 knowledge sims and wanted a change.  I suppose I could have changed his aspiration in college, but I could have been stuck with something I hated.

And I had fallen in love with Joseph, a romance sim.  I hadn't had one in this legacy yet, and his lifetime want was easy enough.  Plus with Aislynn's LTW to have a Golden Anniversary, it would be easy enough to get them to permaplat.

So, I hope you'll keep reading, lol.

Aislynn and Joseph playing video games in their new dorm.  He sure is a handsome lad, isn't he?

Oh dear...

My kids invited us over.  The three of them are sharing a campus house - with Joseph.  I was uneasy about this, as I still have a weird feeling about him, but Aislynn is an adult now, and it's up to her to make her own decisions.  She has the right to choose the mate she wants to rule the Avalon house with.  But he better not hurt her, or he might just meet an early demise.  After he produces grandchildren for me, of course.

Aislynn:  Hi, Lance.

Lance:  Hey, Aislynn.  How's it going?

Aislynn:  Just fine.  Could you move?  I'm trying to watch tv.

I really got into the Bustin' Out.  I don't know why I never played this at home.  Now I see why the kids are always on that machine.  It's great fun!

I was too tired to make the trip home, so I slept over.  It was nice for the kids to put me up for the night.

Lance:  Hey, Aislynn.  Hey, Joseph.

Aislynn:  Do you mind?  I'm trying to eat breakfast and you're kind of spoiling my appetite.

Joseph:  You know, I know my way around dangerous curves, and you're sister has some very dangerous curves.

Lucian:  Um, ew.

These kids are doing pretty well.  I must have been tired, because I didn't wake up until almost 11:00.  One of them had made some tomato and mozzarella sandwiches.  Yum!

Well, he seems dedicated.  He doesn't even let a spraying shower get in the way of his assignment.

Lucian:  Avast me hearties!  This be the finest pirate ship ever to roam the seven seas.  Land ho!  

Lucian:  Anchor away!  Arrrr!

Sometimes the kids are in such a rush to get to class on time they forget to get dressed.  Laurana's still in her nightgown!

Two peas in a pod, I guess.  Maybe he really is the right man for Aislynn.

Lucian:  Why don't you ever do any of the cooking around here?  Hmmm?

That's sweet.  Aislynn sharing a tender moment with Joseph.  I'm ignoring the fact that they're in their underwear.

Ha ha ha.  Then they slouch at each other.  That's actually pretty cute.

I guess Joseph took Lucian's question to heart and started to do some of the cooking.  But he's not very good at it.

Aislynn:  I had such good woohoo last night.  Sigh.  I heard angels sing.

Aislynn:  Oh, I forgot.  Joseph and I are the only ones in this house getting any woohoo.  Sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up.

Aislynn:  Do you mind?  I'm in the shower!

Laurana was really mad about something in this picture, but I'm not sure what it was.

Lance:  Hey, guys!

Aislynn:  Move, Lance!  Darn you, Lucian!  If Lance hadn't gotten in the way I so would have won that!

Joseph finally got over his fear of commitment, so Aislynn proposed.

He accepted!  I guess it's official, then.  Joseph is going to be my son-in-law.

I don't think he's too sure about it, though.

I'm not quite sure how these kids are doing this, but Laurana is somehow sitting behind the tv to play games.

Lucian:  Dude.  Privacy.

Aislynn and Joseph getting friendly on the couch.

They do make a cute couple.

Joseph is kind of on the lazy side.  He sulks all the way downstairs when asked to clean the table.

Here he is influencing one of his friends to write his term paper.  Hmmm.

Laurana still sees George on a regular basis.  They're getting pretty serious.

Poor Laurana.  She's not the world's best cook.  She wanted to make a layer cake to surprise everyone, but she burned it.  

Lucian choked it down without saying anything.  He's a good kid.

The kids get all their assignments done on time.  They often do their assignments together.

The kids invited us over again.  And that pig tail girl, too.  I forget her name.  We all smustled on the front lawn together.  We all kind of had a laugh at Almeric - he just can't keep up.

She's a pretty enough girl, I suppose.  I hope that she's not trying to take Joseph's attentions away from my daughter.  She might possibly be legacy material - but not in this generation.

She's pretty studious, though.  Did her assignment while Aislynn soaked in the tub.

I spent the night at the kids' house again.  Before I knew it, Aislynn was coming down the stairs in her pajamas saying good morning!  I didn't realize I had been playing this game system all night.

Aislynn:  Hi, Lance.  Meet my mom.

Lance:  Hey, Aislynn's mom.

Lance:  Whatcha doin'?

Me:  It's called Chess.  Maybe if you didn't spend so much time running around naked you wouldn't have to ask stupid questions.  

Me:  He does have a nice rear end, doesn't he?

Aislynn:  Eh, it's okay.  Joseph's is cuter.

Me:  Let's change the subject.

Almeric:  Any granchildren I have need to go to private school.  My kids never went, and now that I'm older I kind of wish I had sent them.  Are you willing to send your kids?

Joseph:  I sure am.  And I'll send them to college, too.

Joseph:  Privacy, please?

Laurana proposed to George today.  She's planning on moving in with him after college and having a quiet little ceremony.  I'm very happy for her.  I hope they're happy together.

Joseph:  Look, man.  This is getting creepy.  What are you, a stalker?

Llama:  Gooo llamas!

Joseph:  That's it.  I'm getting a lock for this door.

I kind of feel bad for Joseph.  He's trying really hard to get Almeric to like him.  But it's just not quite happening.  He always seems to say the wrong thing.

Lance:  Hey, Aislynn.  Hey, Joseph.

Aislynn:  You're blocking the tv.

Joseph:  Move, dude!

Lucian and Joseph have become good friends.  Here they are taking a break from their studies.

I have to admit I'm very impressed.  Joseph finally decided what he wanted to do with his life and buckled down to make it happen.  He wants to become a Celebrity Chef.  I kind of laughed at him at first, the boy was hopeless in the kitchen.  But he's been studying really hard.

While the other kids were resting, Joseph still plugged away, learning, learning, learning.  

Joseph:  Will we still have lots of woohoo after we're married?

Aislynn:  You bet, baby.

The kids have all graduated with honors.  I'm such a proud mother, that's all I've ever wanted, and now, whatever happens, I will have achieved my lifetime goal and my life is complete.  Aislynn and Joseph have moved in and are ready to take over the legacy.  What awaits them?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 03:08:59 pm by Astral Faery » Logged

discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 04, 2008, 08:53:07 pm »

Ok so I was rooting for Lucian but I like Aislynn! And Joseph is cute. They'll make pretty babies. Which is the most important part. I'm glad to have my story fix for the week lol.

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 04, 2008, 11:40:50 pm »

Ookay, so is Lance a streaker, or does he just like walking around naked? :smt120
Cute story as always. Ahhh, the college years.

And another generation begins...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: