Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 09:42:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help ME PLEASE!!! *CRYING  (Read 3720 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Me2

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2008, 07:44:46 pm »

Ok so I had to uninstall my sims games
and now when I try to download my sims 2 original game it get to 12% and then it says 'TSData/Res/SIms3d/Sims13.package from media can't not installed.." and it pops up a box that say retry or cancel well when ever I push retry it goes all the way to 100% but that's it.

Help me .. if I can't get this doen I guess I have to drop out my contest Sad crying literally

KILL ME,LOVE ME.. JUST DON"T TAKE MY SIMS AWAY
When All Else Fails.
Meet my sim-self family here
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=70421
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 09:18:10 pm »

Have you tried cleaning your disk drive and CD?  Something could be on it (dirt, fingerprint, etc.) that's preventing that part of the disk from being read.  Wink

If you have and it still doesn't work, try installing the game while in Safe Mode. (hit F8 while your computer loads up before it hits the windows loading screen... a DOS menu should pop up asking you how you want to start up your computer.  Use the up/down arrow keys to highlight the option with "Safe Mode" in it, and press enter.  The rest is pretty linear.  Wink ) Sometimes, certain background programs/services will prevent your installations with certain CDs from working properly, so Safe Mode is usually your best bet in getting software programs installed properly... although it's REALLY slow.  :?

If none of that works... well...  :dontknow:  You might have to find a different disk... and believe me, that's a pain, especially when you've spent enough money buying the game the first time.  :lol:

vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 09:30:14 pm »

Hi Me2,

Here are a few humble suggestions.

1. Go to your Control Panel and see if EA Games is listed or not. If so, it's still there.

2. If you have Windows, go to My Documents/The Sims 2/ EA Games. It should not be listed if it's uninstalled.

3. Go to C:/Program Files/. If EA Games is listed, it's not uninstalled.

I have Windows Vista. I did an uninstall under my account name (I'm the 'Administrator' of this computer. The EA Games folders appeared to be uninstalled under My Documents and Program Files.

When I logged in on my kid's account, her EA Games folder was still there under My Documents. Since I backed up her side already, I safely deleted this folder permanently by holding down the shift key while I right clicked on it and selected delete.

After this,
1. I restarted the computer and installed all of my EPs and stuff packs from the original CDs.
2. Then I went to the EA site and got patches for all of them.
3. Then I opened My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/ Neighorborhoods. I removed the new N002 'hood and set it aside on my desktop.
4. I placed a copy of my backed up N002 folder in the game. I don't play the other 'hoods so didn't need to bother with that.
Please note that I did not include the Downloads folder or SavedSims folder. Custom content will disappear if you do this. (You will not see a music folder but don't worry about that; one will appear after you start the game and then you can add your mp3 songs to whatever radio station you like.)
5. Then I started the game, and it started fine. I exited.

Well, everything was fine until I put the Downloads folder back in, where hacks and custom content that conflicts with Free Time made it act crazy... but that's another story.

This is how I do installations and have never had a problem. There may be other methods.

If your computer truly removed everything before you tried to install and did every thing right, and still had this problem, then I have no idea why and toss that to someone else more knowledgeable. Good luck.

For a few nice downloads, visit our site, http://gangstersims.com.
Me2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 10:22:42 pm »

well thanks for the suggestions .. really Vita and Tenshii , I did a reinstall of my computer, so nothing is on my computer no programs or anything I haven't even install yahoo or anything yet.. but I will try both suggestions..

ok Tenshii I am doing your suggestion in safe mode and I am on cd #4 and now it says something to the same effect as my original message except this one is saying that it

Message: (TSDATA/RES/USERDATA/NEIGHborhoods/Noo3/Lots/NOO3_lot195 .package)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 11:24:05 pm by Me2 » Logged

When All Else Fails.
bekkah2408

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 11:36:43 pm »

Sorry to hear about your problem. That happend to me before too. I did everything I could to get the game to install....only to find out it was a bad memory stick. I replaced the memory sticks and all was good.
Me2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 12:01:29 am »

Quote from: bekkah2408;1160983
Sorry to hear about your problem. That happend to me before too. I did everything I could to get the game to install....only to find out it was a bad memory stick. I replaced the memory sticks and all was good.

I know the sticks arn't bad because I just put a 3 gb stick into this computer.. uhhh I am so angry right now

Now I am on fourth cd and I am like 97%  ..

ok now I am at 99% and it's still not done , and still showing the same pop like it's not moving or something. ugh!!! i hate to go out and spend another freaking $30.00 dollars on this game .
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 12:19:00 am by Me2 » Logged

When All Else Fails.
vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 06:08:15 am »

Quote from: Me2

Message: (TSDATA/RES/USERDATA/NEIGHborhoods/Noo3/Lots/NOO3_lot195 .package)

Me2, I just checked N003 in my My Documents folder. I have never used or activated this Neighborhood since installing, and see that lot 195 is the last lot that comes with the game in N003.[/B]

This is important information. Do any computer wiz here know if this is the problem of a faulty CD? If so, you only need to return and exchange it at the store.

For a few nice downloads, visit our site, http://gangstersims.com.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 07:17:06 am »

And you cleaned all of your disks, right?  :lol:  I know it may take a few more tries in installation, because it happened to me a month or two back.  If your CD drive is as picky as mine, the least bit of dust (or even an invisible smear... :shock:) will stop the installation at certain points... sometimes it'll take a few spins for it to finally read it, so don't give up quite yet.  Wink

Rayea

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 11:31:51 am »

have you tried the trick where you copy the disks into your hard drive and install from there?

i hear that was doable back when they first made sims2 and the dvd edition.
you had to make a new folder and (if it was the cd edition) a folder for each disk. i think this was detailed at the main sims2 website, but you might find it here in the help section too

other thing you could check is that your drive isnt on the way out. if the lazer is dying, it might also give you errors.

other than that...not sure.
Me2

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 04:21:21 pm »

ok so My husband I think found the problem on cd 4 it has a line going through the circle side , but it's not even that big.. I am going to try today and see what happens ,

When All Else Fails.
Me2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 04:22:30 pm »

Quote from: vita4all;1161181
Me2, I just checked N003 in my My Documents folder. I have never used or activated this Neighborhood since installing, and see that lot 195 is the last lot that comes with the game in N003.[/B]

This is important information. Do any computer wiz here know if this is the problem of a faulty CD? If so, you only need to return and exchange it at the store.

I don't know vita it could be my cd is faulty , but imma try and doa instal right now

When All Else Fails.
Phoebe
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 08:01:43 pm »

Hi Me2,

I don't know if you've solved the problem.  I had the same problem when I re-installed the original game and all expansion packs.  I made sure all disks were clean.  I think its a problem when the CD is being read, since when I tried again, it installed with no problems.  Try it again, eventually with a lot of patience, it should work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: