Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 12:04:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freetime Help - Solved, but new question  (Read 4030 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JoDawn

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2008, 11:38:32 pm »

Ok, I have no hacks or CC in my game anymore. Anytime I've gotten an EP I've always just left the downloaded stuff and never had a problem. This time I do it right and I can't play... Even with it all gone! I played it at first with the hacks and such put back in, then it quit. I removed it all and I still can't play! I've been trying to make one family for about 4 hours now.
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 12:54:30 am »

WHen you say you can't play, what do you mean by that?

Does the game crash, freeze, or what?

You're going to need to be more specific...

JoDawn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 12:59:36 am »

Sorry. It crashes and stops responding. It's been a long day. I wasn't really thinking. This is also a new computer, so requirements are not an issue. Like, the screen goes black then it just stops responding.
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 06:52:10 am »

It sounds like either a securom issue or a graphic card issue.  Does your new computer use an ATI graphic card or a nvidia?

WHen you reboot do you get any type of error pop up about an infinite loop or a dll file not responding correctly?  

Before the crash do you hear the audio stutter at all?

If you can at least get into the town but not a lot, you can get into the options.  If you can do that, try lowering the graphic settings.  You'll want to set the resolution to 1024x768, put the other settings on medium.  Then go over to the audio options, there's a setting for audio quality, set it lower.  See if that helps at all.  

As for requirements, this new computer may meet and exceed them but there can still be conflicts because Maxis is notorious at not beta testing their software as thoroughly as they should.

Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 04:11:49 pm »

My dvd can't be read....

I used to be Nyxie
Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 08:59:28 pm »

Maybe that's why....

I used to be Nyxie
HollyD1983

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 09:20:21 pm »

I had the very same thing happen on my PC,it is a Dell XPS 410 dual core system with an Nvidia GEforce 7600 LE video card,I have a new 80 gig harddrive,I did some investigating online and I found out it was caused by my Trend Micro anti virus software,I unistalled that and I have been playing trouble free since,try uninstalling your anti virus software,the same thing kept happening even when I just had Pets installed,I now have nearly have 3 gigs of CC and Free Time is running smoothly,I hope this helps:angel:

Lover of lederhosen
JoDawn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 10:34:31 am »

Thanks guys. I can at least get it to run now.

But I can't have one downloaded thing in the game! The second I put any CC in the game at all (even a hack that's been updated for FT) I crash trying to open a neighborhood.

Anyone else have this problem? I mean, it's interesting playing the game mostly as is, heh, but I miss at least the hair and makeup CC I had. Plus a few other hacks.
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 11:01:06 am »

Quote from: HollyD1983;1165746
I had the very same thing happen on my PC,it is a Dell XPS 410 dual core system with an Nvidia GEforce 7600 LE video card,I have a new 80 gig harddrive,I did some investigating online and I found out it was caused by my Trend Micro anti virus software,I unistalled that and I have been playing trouble free since,try uninstalling your anti virus software,the same thing kept happening even when I just had Pets installed,I now have nearly have 3 gigs of CC and Free Time is running smoothly,I hope this helps:angel:

Yep most problems I've had in the past with sims were caused by firewall software too. If you've got Zonealarm or similiar you could just shut it down (no need to uninstall completely). Also, check task manager and see what's running in the background and shut down anything not needed to play the game. I usually shut down (END PROCESS) about five or six tasks using the task manager and shut my firewall down (offline of course) and then start the game and it runs fine (and quite fast) even on my pentium 3 crappy system.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: