Insimenator.org
May 16, 2024, 04:55:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about 'Projects' -folder  (Read 1608 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« on: March 10, 2008, 11:36:52 am »

Hi, all! I have been converting a lot of clothes, since I discovered the FitChick bodytype but my Projects -folder is getting quite large. Now, I have question for all of you who create clothing, etc... What do you do when your Project -folder is about to tear from it's seams? Is possible to empty it, without losing the created clothes from the game or to transfer them or the save them on disc? And why is there also files in the Projects -folder, not just the clothes -folders? Thank you for anyone who can help me. :smile:

Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 11:38:54 am »

I think it is possible to delete the whole contents. Your finished projects that have been imported back into game, are actually saved in your 'saved sims' folder.
I've often had a huge folder like you, deleted the whole thing and still had my thing I made in game.

Hope this helps!

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
Sierra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 11:07:10 am »

Okay. I'm going to clean up my Projects -folder now. I think I will save the files on disc, just to be safe. Thank you for your help. :smile:

RBWpg

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 06:06:18 pm »

MiM is right. Once you import them into the game there is a file saved in your downloads.

I have opened the project folder and deleted everything, what I have created is still in the game. The additional files are tags for bodyshop, they are created so the bodyshop program can locate the correct folder. You will also see in the folder for your clothing there is a "file name you selected to save under".package that is linked to the external file in the project folder. These are what create the list of projects in your bodyshop menu when you load a saved project.

There is no need to keep back up files if you want to do work on these later you can just reload the original file back into bodyshop and modify away. I have noticed that reloading and modifying files I have created and saved doesn't work as well. Bodyshop seems to have a tendency to degrade the picture, you are always best off to work with the original files as a bases for your project.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 06:10:01 pm by RBWpg » Logged
Sierra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 06:38:29 am »

Thank you so much for the additional irformation. It cleared things a bit more. I have been having so much fun with converting and creating all new dresses as well, that my Projects folder started to be way too full. I'm hoping that once I finish my little clothing project, I might find the courage to post what I have created. If there's need for Fitchick clothing, of course. Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: