Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 11:43:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pictures  (Read 1800 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
TashaFaun

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2008, 12:01:30 pm »

I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can take snap shots from one neighborhood folder to another. I've tried just cutting and pasting but that doesn't work. I've been trying to figure out the sequences so I can rename the files but they seem random.

Here's an example: snapshot_00000001_2de303e4 then the next one is: snapshot_6dae6a73_b4e53386. Like I said pretty random.

See I've used SimPE to extract the appearances of all my fav sims from every neighborhood (Pleasantview, Riverblossom and Veronaville, don't like the Strangetown or Desiderata characters hehe).

I put them all in one (custom) neighborhood but the thing is the "story" for the neighborhood (and families) would be better if I had the original pictures from the hoods they came from. I know I could take new pics but I like the ones that came with the game . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I'm out of ideas lol.
Deena

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 07:24:08 pm »

Yeah, I know. Just most places I've been don't want two similar threads and I thought maybe some clever person could answer both. But I've got nothing against starting a new thread. :angel:

*butts out*
TashaFaun

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 07:27:06 pm »

eh have the thread I've tried at four different boards for a week no one has an answer for me Sad No need to start a new thread.
charmany

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 07:10:49 am »

Snapshots can be added to a neighbourhood or family's Snapshot bin from other neighbourhoods or from anywhere really (your personal photo albulm, a bit of artwork, etc.) but it takes a little hacking.
All snapshots are stored in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Storytelling in two forms: the snapshot itself and a thumbnail. You cant however, just drop in a shot and have it appear in the Snapshot bin. To prevent duplication, every snapshot taken via the snapshot button has a disticnt alphanumeric name that attaches it to a particular neighbourhood and, if any, lot. Without a properly formatted name, a snapshot won't be available.
The easy way is to take an existiong picture and replace it with the one you want to include:
1.Edit the image you want to use down to 400 x 300 dpi or pixels (for the image) and make a duplicate version that's 128 x 96 (for the thumnail).
2.In the game , take a snapshot of anything in the location you want the image to appear (either a lot or the neighbourhood) and quit the game.
3.Go to My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Storytelling and locate the picture and it's thumbnail version.
4.Open the image and its thumbnail. In each, cut out the existing image and paste the desired image. Save.
5.Launch the game. The images have replaced the existing ones and can be used in stories for any lot in the neighbourhood or the neighbourhood story itself.

Shots can be altered by opening them in a graphics program, changing the image, and saving them under the same file name. You MUST change BOTH the thumbnail and the shot for the changes to be reflected in both versions.

Hope this helps...

Roses are red,Violets are blue, I am perfect, How about you...
TashaFaun

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 12:51:26 pm »

Yeah it does thank you Smiley . Man thats a lot of work (considering I have about 30 photos to add lol). You'd think they could make it just a little bit easier!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: