Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 06:52:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with bv and free time  (Read 4519 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
debje

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2008, 04:43:50 am »

I got the games yesterday and installed them. No problems there!

I started the game and selected the vacation destinations like you have to do, still no problems.
I deleted the last family I was playing with, still no problems. I made a new family and moved them to the house. But when I want to go to the house and play with the sims the game got stuck and that is over and over again.

What can I do??? There are no scratches on the DVD and my system is good.
debje

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 06:01:40 am »

I tried again and found out that i can play with game sims in the regular houses but not with the sim I made on a empty plot, than the game crashes! So maybe it is one of the downloads I have??

I'll try again with the made sim in a regular house, hope that that will work!!
dwarf1010

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 08:58:42 am »

Have you tried deleting youre CACHE & thumbnail files, works for me, before i start up the game i go in to the ea folder and delete them & everything works fine

I understand the concepts of cooking & cleaning, just not how they apply to me:angel:
debje

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 06:11:11 am »

Thanks Dwarf!!

Yesterday I removed all my downloads from the game, when I started the game It worked fine. So I placed the downloads back map for map and found a couple of downloads that crashed the game and deleted them. So the game is working fine now! I bit slow but that doesn't matter!
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 04:02:24 pm »

I am having a problem that is very similar. I recently had the game regenerate all new files in my documents, so my neighborhoods are new again. I do have some CC in the game and all was going well until I created a family and put them on an empty beach lot. The family just sits in loading....never ever really loading. I had to end the game manually...I hate doing that. So I deleted the cache files and the Thumbnails thinking that might make it work.......did not help one bit....it stayed on the family loading screen forever and never loaded. I ended the game and restarted my pc...started game again and went into another family that I created but they live on a regular type of lot...not a beach lot...and they loaded just fine. I created another family and moved them to an empty regular lot and they loaded just fine. So I am thinking something must be wrong with my beach lots. I have the latest patch for BV and I have FreeTime installed. The hacks I do have are all updated for FreeTime and I don't have a lot of them...just the ones that stop them doing irritating stuff at all hours of the day.  So now it just looks like I can't use my beach lots ......which is so very irritating.

Simming is a way of Life!!!  :toothy4:
Check out my sims pictures.
My Apocalyse Challenge
2nd Place in Part of Your World - Jocelyn Lanier
3rd Place in The Devil
DarkHorse

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 09:40:16 am »

I had the same problem, it is in your hacks!!! There is two solutions, remove each hack one at a time till you find the culpid (one of these were my propblem I would check them first (mailbox, telescope, time controle clock, and newspaper)) or, turn on game tips each time you enter the lot. The game tips bypass sort of works most of the time but removing the right hack will work always.
Good luck!

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!
debje

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 06:41:16 am »

The problems were the InTeen and the InSim. I have the latest version of the InTeen (FT version) and the BV Insim version, still bugs but no major ones. But I only have the bugs when I use the Insim.

Thanks all for the advise!!!
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 10:42:24 am »

Insim isn't updated for FreeTime. Your best bet is to take it out. If you leave it in, it'll cause all sorts of problems.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 09:02:19 pm by EKozski » Logged

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
gali

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 10:52:24 am »

TJane, delete the "phonehack" you have. Then, if you have a Hacks folder, check it with the Sim 2 Pack Installer, and delete all the "Phone Controller" lines.
EA updated in BV the phone controller, which acts the same as the "phonehack", and the last is redundant, because it causes hack conflict.
Another thing: use only the original phone of the game, and delete all custom phones.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: