Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 10:09:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Small or large houses?  (Read 5944 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lisa-bee

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2008, 09:52:49 am »

I was looking for a smallish family house on 1 level.
I realized the houses I liked were so huge.
I started to wonder how many people play these houses?
I get tired of scrolling side to side to follow my sims around, So I try to build houses that fit on a fairly close zoomed in screen with hardly any scrolling.

So my question is would you rather a large house for your favorite families or a smaller?
How many levels?
Would a larger monitor increase the size of the house I could play?

Lisa

Patience is a virtue I have yet to learn!
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 01:05:34 pm »

I prefer smaller houses, usually one level-but it depends on the size of the family ,too..lots of kids will usually increase the size for me. No more than 2, though..it gets tedious to follow up through the floors when there's things going on somewhere else.
BTW, did you know that if you double click on a sim picture, it will automatically follow it around as it moves? That saves having to scroll around after the sim.
The monitor size doesn't matter-the screen size does. In the settings you have a choice of several settings-and that will increase or decrease your screen.

maniac19642003
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 01:19:20 pm »

I build my own houses using the largest lots available in the game and usually go for two levels in each house as well, I hate small houses in the game.
dynasty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 02:06:31 pm »

it really depends on my family. I often find myself sratring with a small house on a large lot. so little by little I can add some more room and/or another floor.

Check my sims out!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 03:47:25 pm »

generally - I like a compact floor plan that makes good use of space but has lots of open areas - like the kitchen dining room and entry all as one room.

An example of a lot that I think is great is by Hony at MTS2 here: Villa ''Hollywood''

I also really like his Slope Futuretro Villa

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 07:50:49 am »

hello

here is a link to a house that i requested that you might like in your Game so here is the link.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=76160

Good Luck

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
_Krishna_

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 07:51:38 am »

I like comfortable houses most of all, the size doesn't matter too much but I never play huge houses. I guess I prefer small to medium sized buildings. And I do not zoom the game a lot. I usually have it zoomed out so i can see the whole house and area in front of it, so I don't have to move the camera to see my sims. But I do use 3 floors sometimes in my houses.
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 07:53:58 am »

I try to keep the lots medium sized...and the houses small-ish.  I also build my own houses.  

Smaller houses (floorplan) work better for me.. the main rooms like kitchen, living room and bathroom are usually downstairs and bedrooms upstairs.  with en suite bathrooms in them.  the guests arent supposed to go upstairs anyway unless you call them up there to the bedrooms for specific reasons.

...also i try and keep the nursery downstairs if there is one...otherwise just close to the kitchen so sims dont waste time strolling to get bottles and stuff.

so yeah... smaller is better..and runs faster.  2 levels max Smiley
winterglow

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 08:23:34 am »

I like create house very small and use large house only for stories' need

Koji Tamaki \(^o^)/
Yong Yun Bae  \(*O*)/
lisa-bee

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 09:27:20 am »

Thanks for all the replies.
It is fun to know peoples preferences.
I did not know that about clicking on a sim automatically follows them. I will try that.
Thank you for the links to different homes as well I will check those out.

Lisa

Patience is a virtue I have yet to learn!
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 04:45:32 pm »

I think it depends on the lot size for me. I'll comfortably use and don't mind a three story home on one of the smaller lots. On the medium sized lots just to get around quicker. I'm always adding or removing something I don't like anymore than 2 floors. On the large lots I won't download anything over 1 floor level. I like to get to where I want to be quickly and sometimes depending on how they're built, how much CC they have in them, some go quickly with two stories and a large lot, and some drag.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 06:20:39 pm »

I prefer smaller houses because it's easier to keep track.  I have to be able to see the entire house when I'm playing, or at least the entire floor I'm currently on.  If I can't then I usually lose sims.

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
dlockett61

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 06:54:44 pm »

I prefer small houses, I just think they're cuter and I can see all of the action and I don't play with too many kids in my game, once they become teens, I move them into their own places.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 07:34:34 pm »

Fellow simmers call me the "queen of small lots". That is all I play, especially when I had my old computer. Now, with my new computer, I built some medium sized lots that seemed too big for me. Maybe this lot will be to your liking: I posted here. Maybe that will help! Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 12:25:20 am »

usually I keep to medium sized lots, and I try to make the houses not too big. my game runs slowly with too big houses, and at least if I put too much CC in it. if I'm only playing, and not taking pictures for anything special, I tend to use some maxis houses that I modifyed and puy into the lot bin again. goes quick, and they're already furnished, so all I have to do is change colors here and there, and add/subtract furniture and such.

but sometimes I like to build my own houses, too. I love to make tree houses (houses that looks like they are supported by trees) - for children, or for the entire family (fairies...).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: