Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 02:01:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: backup files  (Read 1246 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dynasty

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2008, 02:51:07 pm »

just packaged a few lots this morning and put them on a CD, (and neighbourhood files, too)had to reformate my harddrive, made sure i had everything on CD... now i reinstalled everything, replaced the neighbourhood folder, the only thing i can find are my sims in CAS. i cant see or find the houses i packaged either. btw i installed them with clean installer, my cc is enabeled

i 'd be happy if someone could help me, right now i feel a little lost... thx

Check my sims out!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 08:08:44 pm »

dynasty - when you install Sims2Packs, for most players there is a 3 item limit (id est, 3 Sims2Packs). Only 3 Sims2Packs may be installed at each space between game-play sessions.  The reason for this is a bug in the "teleport" system used by The Sims 2 to install content with a "import script".

It is also important that you have a Downloads folder before you run Sims2Pack Clean Installer, because one of the options is to install directly to the downloads folder. Not all folders are created during the install of The Sims 2 unless some other action is done, such as connecting to the Exchange and downloading a file; or running Body Shop and making a new Sim.

~(My) Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

When you install a house lot, you should install the "lot segment" using the default setting for an install; but the remainder of the content can be installed using a custom setting.

To select only the "lot segment" click the House icon in the first wndow:

In the 2nd window (after you click Install), make certain Generate Sims2Import file is selected

Also make certai that the Teleport folder is selected (and that a Teleport folder does exist!)

~(My) Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Teleport

* installer01.jpg (80.12 KB, 488x497 - viewed 127 times.)

* installer02.jpg (44.82 KB, 304x358 - viewed 153 times.)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 08:13:30 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
dynasty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 08:36:58 am »

i followed your instuructions and it worked! thanks so much!

Check my sims out!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: