Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 05:43:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't get my family back home from vacation  (Read 1995 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2008, 06:02:24 am »

The weirdest thing happened and I don't know how to fix it. My family of four booked a 3 day vacation, they left for three lakes but my one child was doing his homework (I have monique's auto do homework mod installed) and the rest of the family accidentally left without him. I had kittens in this home so I had to hire a nanny to watch the kitty's while we were away. Now, my boy, who was supposed to come with me is stuck at home with the nanny and the kittens, and the other three are in three lakes at their vacation home and I can't get them back home. The three days past and the shuttle never took them back. I have tryed the end vacation and return home option and my sim makes the call, puts the phone away and the little box that usually comes up to say that the shuttle has been dispatched and should arrive shortly, never comes up. Of, course I can't move them out, demolish the lot, etc. Until I get them back home. So, now I am stuck on my vacation lot and their home lot is unusable...Grrrrr! How do I fix this? I tryed playing another one of my families that were in three lakes and they ended their vacation and went back home no problem, so I know it's not a hack that's preventing them. It seems to be centered around this one family and I think it's because, my child who was supposed to come with us, accidentally ended up staying home. Good Lord, what can I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated Smiley

Ldyvamp
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 06:10:10 pm »

At the neighborhood view do you see that the family is still using the resort lot? If you try to enter the home lot does the game say that the family is on vacation?

I had this problem once with BV (pre-FT). Do you have FT installed? If not you can use the InSIM to delete the family at the resort. I am not 100% sure how I did this but it semed to work. After deleting them I restored them and called to end the vacation. I know something happened because after that they were no longer at the vacation lot on the neighborhood screen and were "sent" home the next time I was able to play their home lot.

I am so not a techie so I am stabbing in the dark here.

Since the home lot is supposedly unplayable you might bite the bullet and try to bulldoze that lot to see if the family is reunited. Don't trust my opinion as I am turly not sure what to do.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 11:28:18 am »

Yes, if I try to enter their home lot, the game does say that they are on vacation and I can only play from there. I do not have free time installed. Yes, I have tryed to bulldoze their home lot but the game won't let me because the family has to be moved to the family bin before it will let me bulldoze and I can't move them to the family bin from three lakes. I will try your idea and delete the family on their vacation lot. How do you bring them all back? Do you have to use the restore family option after they have been deleted with the insiminator? Iv'e never tryed it? I'm a little frantic here because my female I have stuck in this lot is pregnant and now she can't have this baby in the vacation lot. I have the inteenator installed as well as the insiminator and the option to skip the trimesters and give birth options are not functioning on this vacation lot.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 03:07:45 pm »

Since you don't have FT installed the BV InSIm should be working fine with your game. If you use the InSIM to delete family members you will also use the InSIM to restore them. I am groggy on which section will do this. You will have to play a bit to find the right one. Remember to leave at least one family member present after deleteing the others.

I am thinking that if this does not work you you might try deleting all the family member at the same time and then exiting and saving the lot. Deleting all at once may cause the lot to crash. I am not sure. Also deleting all and then saving and exiting may render the lot unplayable. But what choices do you have?

I am still hoping that someone more knowledgeable than I will read this thread and help with a more promising solution.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 07:00:45 am »

Thanks for your suggestions. I wish more people responded to my problem too, but I did end up asking over at the reflex forum so hopefully if your idea doesn't work, I can try something else. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks for trying your best to help Smiley

Ldyvamp
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 07:26:54 am »

I finally got them back! YAY! What I ended up doing was making a sim, moving them into a house then summoning my family in the vacation lot over to the sim I moved into pleasantview, with the summoner from the insiminator. Then I killed the vacation family on that sims lot. Since no family members were still alive in the home I had them living at in pleasentview it went up for sale as well as the vacation lot. So I moved the one sim into their old house and then used the ressurectonomitron to bring them back to life and just killed off the lone sim I made. Now, their back home! Wew! I'm glad I thought of this!

Ldyvamp
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: