Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 11:07:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No more diagonal windows and doors!  (Read 1506 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinnika

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2008, 12:32:27 pm »

Can anyone tell me if there are certain mods, hacks, or cheats that have any bearing on being able to place doors and windows on diagonal walls?

I used to be able to place them that way automatically when I got near a wall with a door or window now I can't. And of course the cheat 45 degree angle doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 12:45:46 pm »

If you have move_objects on, you need to turn it off to place doors and windows.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 02:04:49 pm »

if the boolprop snapobjectstogrid false cheat code is active, then placing of windows/doors is impossible. if so, write in the code boolprop snapobjectstogrid true, and then you should be able to place them. there's a boolprop code that activates the 45 degree rotation too, but I'm using a hack that lets me do it always, so I can't remember the code. you have to rotate with . or , because the normal rotation doesn't allow 45 degree rotation even with the code activated. I think you also need UNI or a newer EP for the code to work.

you can place windows even with the moveobjects on code, but they tend to jump outside the house when you're trying to place them, since you can place them anywhere with the code activated.

EDIT: I think the code for rotating is boolprop 45degreeangle true
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 08:56:09 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 05:29:48 pm »

thank you miros1. That worked, thanks.

And thanks for the tips theraven.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: