Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 10:52:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: BODYSHOP can someone please tell me what's wrong with mine?  (Read 6855 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ilovecigs

View Profile WWW
« on: April 22, 2008, 06:00:44 pm »

it used to work fine on my old computer. I had windows XP. Now i have a new laptop that came with vista. i wonder if Vista has something to do with it.

does anyone knows whats going on and if so how do i fix it?

I blog here. Sort of. Visit me and say hi.
:chainsaw:
Want me? Go get me!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 06:39:05 pm »

vista needs generally more power to run sims. like if XP needs 512 mb memory, vista probably needs 1024. it may be that. and have you checked that your new comp is powerful enough for sims? it may also be the graphics gcard that is not compatible with sims. or the files are corrupted (depends on whether they show up ingame or not). I'm no expert in this, though...

oh, and if you've got a custom bodyshop screen, that might also be the problem. (it just don't look like my bodyshop screen...)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 06:43:14 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
ilovecigs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 06:46:02 pm »

Quote from: theraven;1221212
vista needs generally more power to run sims. like if XP needs 512 mb memory, vista probably needs 1024. it may be that. and have you checked that your new comp is powerful enough for sims? it may also be the graphics gcard that is not compatible with sims. or the files are corrupted (depends on whether they show up ingame or not). I'm no expert in this, though...

oh, and if you've got a custom bodyshop screen, that might also be the problem. (it just don't look like my bodyshop screen...)

I'm pretty sure my new comp can handle sims 2. The game used to run with no problems in my old computer that was kinda crappy.

the graphic card is a nvidia geforce go 7150m. it goes up to 799MB of shared video memory.

Want me? Go get me!
ilovecigs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 06:48:52 pm »

Quote from: theraven;1221212

really? i never got a custom one.. thats the one i always had.. weird.

oh.. and the game works fine.. just a little slow due to the ridiculously large amount of CC i have.

Want me? Go get me!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 06:38:33 am »

try totake out the CC and see if your bodyshop works then. might be some corrupted files or something.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
ilovecigs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 04:13:49 pm »

Quote from: theraven;1221664
try totake out the CC and see if your bodyshop works then. might be some corrupted files or something.

i'll try that.

but if its really corrupted files? how could i find the broken one?

Want me? Go get me!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 04:46:44 pm »

just try to take everything out first. then, if the problem corrects itself, you know for sure it's the CC.

then, you can try add it back a little by a little, testing inbetween each time, and when the problem comes up again, you know the problem is with one of the files you installed latest.

My site:

ilovecigs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 07:38:55 pm »

Quote from: theraven;1222256
just try to take everything out first. then, if the problem corrects itself, you know for sure it's the CC.

then, you can try add it back a little by a little, testing inbetween each time, and when the problem comes up again, you know the problem is with one of the files you installed latest.

i tried.. it isn't the CC Sad

Want me? Go get me!
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 07:41:25 pm »

Hello

Maybe you Have a corrupt sim in your save sim folder or a corrupt file?

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 09:53:24 pm »

Not saying that your video card is a bad one or anything, but it's possible something could be faulty with it, despite it being in a new computer.  Have you tried either updating or rolling back your video drivers?  And if you have any other 3D rendering games/programs, have you tried them out to see if the same thing happens to them?  Just a wild guess to see if it's the card or not... :dontknow:

And I also checked the minimum requirements listing for Sims 2 for your video card.  It doesn't really say that it's supported, but then again lots of other people are able to run the game without such mentioned graphics cards on that list.  :scratch:

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 10:33:27 pm »

You can also try deleting the Cigen.cache file. Then reloading. Usually when BS acts up, that's the first thing I do. That's right in the main folder. But I also try to delete all thumbs and cache files once a month.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Morbia

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 10:47:01 pm »

are you opening it from the right location? like if you downloaded a new EP or something. i know when i downloaded teen stuff pack i wasn't, and my sims weren't quite looking right,.. not quite what yours look like. but its just a thought..
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 11:49:55 pm »

I notice that it's only custom sims (with the star icon) that shows up like that on the screenshots. does maxis sims/clothes show up like that, too?

My site:

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 02:03:32 am »

I'm thinking the problem is with the hardware.  I'm guessing your computer has 2 GB of RAM.  Vista will take up a good chunk of 1 GB to run.  As I don't run Vista I can't say how much of it though.  I'm showing around 463 MB of memory for TS2. Start tossing in background processes for services and any other programs you may have running and you are quickly approaching the upper limits of your RAM.

Your video card has only 128 MB of dedicated video memory.  While it may be possible to configure it to share the RAM, there may not be that much RAM for it to share.  Although I ran across an article that states the reviewer's opinion that this configuration should be fine for video intensive computer games, things you've done to this point rule out everything but hardware.

If you have the XP installation disks, or can get a copy on EBay, replacing Vista with XP may be the best start to fixing the problem.  XP uses roughly 1/2 the RAM that Vista does from what I've heard.

Another option is to increase the amount of RAM you have available, provided your notebook computer can take more RAM.

The last thing I can recommend is looking into whether the video "card" itself can be replaced or have the memory increased to 256 or 512 MB.

The bad thing about the last two options is cost.  Because of the proprietary nature of notebook computers, the manufacturer can charge an arm and a leg for upgrades.  Hopefully you can get XP installed and it fixes the problem for you.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 02:17:38 pm »

Vista just plain "S" If your going to put your money into a new PC or laptop  with that type of OS you might as well spend a couple hundred more and get a MAC. Much better graphics, and better data management. Leave behind the blob that is Windows.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: