Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 06:47:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Fairvalley ~ Episode 5: Love Letters (REAL EPISODE NOW ;D)  (Read 14687 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
computer2much

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2008, 09:45:02 pm »

This is my first Sims Story, and I think it'll be pretty awesome (though I suppose all of you will be the judge of that). Its roughly inspired from Lost (the TV drama on ABC) among other things, so please don't be too annoyed by the blatant similarities (don't worry, its not too bad. Again, all of you will be the judge of this). I'm still in the process of preparing the neighborhood in which the story will take place, so sorry but no pictures yet. They will come, don't worry!

Thanks so much!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 12:39:46 am by computer2much » Logged
computer2much

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 06:09:59 pm »

"Gabe! Kathy! Pack Your Bags! We are out of this dump!" Daniel Brenner said, bursting through his front door, much to the surprise of his son and wife.

"My, you're home from work early...did something happen today?" Kathy said, trying to remain pleasant, though frightened by what she was sure her husband was going to say.

"Yup, I quit!" Daniel returned, kissing his wife affectionately on the cheek.

"You can't be serious! How will we ever finance your mother's hospital bills as well as stay ahead on our own finances?!" Kathy looked, surprised at her husband's seemingly rash action.

"No need to worry, I've already found another job...but we have to move. Surprise?" Daniel said, trying to convince his family that a) he wasn't currently on crack and b) this was a good thing.

"But Daniel, this is insane. We can't just up and move!"

"We have to. They can help mom." Daniel explained to his wife, so after a strenuous week of getting their affairs in order, the family packed up in their car and drove to their new hometown.

The Brenners would be far better off than they were, had Daniel's mother not fallen ill. Daniel was an incredibly accomplished chemist, an Oxford graduate, Valedictorian of his high-school class. Daniel's mom was 75 when she had her heart attack. Six months later she suffered a stroke. Fortunately, there was no significant damage done in either case. Even so, her doctor decided that it would be a good idea to do a thorough checkup. The poor woman had malignant tumors in just about every place imaginable. Test after excruciating test, Surgery after surgery, Year after long year, the source of Juliet Brenner's cancer could not be found. Even after every last tumor was removed, more would metastisize from some mysterious corner of the old woman's body. To make matters worse, her health insurance decided she was too much of a liability, and cancelled her policy. Though Daniel made enough of an income to live a very comfortable life with his family, his mother's hospital bills put a tremendous financial strain on their family. Juliet even asked to stop treatment, saying this was God telling her it was time. Years went by without treatment and the cancer only depleted her of strength, nourishment, and happiness, but never killed her.

One day, only a few months prior, Daniel recieved a telephone call from a company called Fairvalley Research. They told him that they might be able to help his ailing mother at no cost, if she would be willing to take part in their research. They also said that they wanted Daniel to work for them as part of the project. He would have to move to Fairvalley, as it would have been too far from where they were currently living, but the offer was too good of one to pass up. So after getting his mother's approval, he went home and broke the "good" news to his family.

"I've arranged for everything that doesn't fit into the new house to be put into public storage until we can find something a bit more sizeable" Daniel explained to his family, as they were driving into Fairview.

"Well how bad is it, dear?" Katherine asked her husband, getting slightly worried.

Daniel looked at his wife about to say something, then smiled fearful of what his wife's reaction would be. "you'll see."

"you have GOT to be kidding me" Gabriel said as they pulled into the driveway of the small, two bedroom home.

Katherine only glared at her husband, getting out of the car. "This had BETTER be temporary." she said, walking into the house. Daniel walked in after her, carrying all of the luggage.

well, atleast its clean. Gabe thought, and entered the house with the rest of his family.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 10:39:22 pm by computer2much » Logged
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 06:29:00 pm »

Nice story are you going to have any pictures to go with it?

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
computer2much

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 09:57:09 pm »

yeah...i'm still designing the neighborhood to go along with it, and i've already taken a few pictures but i just have to put them in there.
computer2much

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 11:44:52 pm »

It was to be Gabe's first day of school tomorrow. He basically didn't have very many friends back in Milwaukee (where he used to live) so he was actually glad about the move, because it meant a fresh start. So, Gabe set his alarm clock the night before, and went to sleep, excited about the new day that awaited him.

Soon, Gabe's mind left the tangible world, and travelled into that of the subconscious. He was sitting on a small white sectional sofa, in an entirely white room. The floors, walls and ceiling were tiled with the same small white tiles, there was a counter which sat at one end of the small room. It had a sink, and several purple vials, the labels of which had text on them but Gabe couldn't read it. He merely sat there, in the stark-white room, in his usual jeans, shirt and jacket.

The white door on one of the walls opened, and a woman walked in. She sat down next to Gabe. "Name?" The woman said gruffly.
"Gabriel Brenner"
"Age?"
"Sixteen"
"Occupation?"
"Student"
"Family?"
"None Remaining"
"Thank you Gabriel. Now. Drink this completely" the woman said, handing him one of the vials. Upon being closer to the label, he could now see what the label said.

The Tempest will come at Midnight

Upon reading this, there was a sharp ringing nose, which only escalated. Gabe was wore up by the sharp ring of his alarm clock, and the promise of a new day.

After grabbing a quick bit to eat, he gathered his things, and left for the bus stop, which the bus was already waiting at. He had to run to catch it in time, fortunately it waited.

Soon, everyone hopped off the bus and arrived at the small school building. Apparently there were only fourteen teenagers in Fairvalley, so there was no need for anything more than a one room school building for his grade. There was no teacher in the room, only a note on the chalkboard reading "In a meeting, will be with you shortly. Your seats are marked by Post-It notes in the appropriate spots. Please be seated and quiet when I come in.  -Dr. Farber"

The kids found their assigned seats, and set their things down, but then chatted idly with their friends. Since Gabe had none of these, he just sat by himself at the table, hoping to god he wouldn't be the lonely, pathetic kid he was back in Milwaukee. The door opened, and a boy walked in...black hair, makeup, nails, the works. He looked around, saw the board, and began scanning the tables for where his name was. He soon found his name at the table with Gabe, and set his stuff down.

"I don't recall seeing you in eighth grade.." He said to Gabe.

"That's because I wasn't here. I'm Gabe." He offered his hand, but the kid just kind of stared at it, and gave him a do-you-honestly-think-i'm-the-kind-of-kid-who-shakes-people's-hands? look.

"I'm Sean."

Sean's kinda cute...wait what? no he isn't. I'm not a damn fag! Gabe thought, convincing himself. The door opened, and a woman walked in. That must be Dr. Farber...wait...I think I've seen her somewhere...huh. Gabe pondered for a moment, and was quickly distracted. His eyes...they're positively....wait...what? they're positively not attractive!!! his mind said, a conflict brewing. Sitting next to this incredibly sexy, not attractive boy will be difficult.

"Class...welcome back to school, and welcome to ninth grade. I will be your Biology teacher, Dr. Farber.  Since today is the first day of the school year, you will only need to be here for two hours..."

The phone on her desk rang, cutting her off. "What? yes..he's here. Wait..why?! Oh my god! I'll be there stat. Uh huh, yes. Well I've got a class right now, but I can dismiss them. The Pillar? I'll be there right away. Yes yes, I'll bring him." "Everyone, I need to be at a meeting. And Sean, they need you too. Everyone else, take one of each of these handouts, and you're dismissed." Dr. Farber grabbed Sean's wrist, and they hurried out of the room. Gabe walked outside, wondering what was going on. "Where are we going, and why do I have to come?!" He heard Sean ask urgently. "The Pillar, and pronto. There's been a .... in the ...." Dr. Farber replied. Gabe listened until he could no longer hear them. I'll ask Sean about it later. He decided. After collecting the papers Dr. Farber left out, he walked home.

Meanwhile, in another place in Fairvalley...

{{yeah, i know this pic doesn't quite work. Just make it an expression of surprise and dread rather than flamboyant happiness}}

Dr. Farber and Sean burst through the front door of a small Ranch-style house. "How many did we lose?!" Dr. Farber asked, out of breath.

"All of them. Every single one. Sean, Run to The Wardrobe and shut it off immediately, we don't want any of them leaving Fairvalley.  get over to The Id and activate operative 12 on the main terminal. When they arrive, get them all into Lab rooms and lock every single door on your way out. Report back here immediately afterwards."

"Yes sir!" Sean said, and ran out the door.

{{K. So what do you all think so far?}}
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 10:54:12 pm by computer2much » Logged
computer2much

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 02:41:10 pm »

awww...this is sad. no one's reading it.
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 03:46:27 pm »

I read it. Decent stuff, but something to remember when taking pics:
-enter showheadlines off and PlumbBobToggle off.
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 03:02:30 pm »

Intriguing stuff. But my connection is running slow at the moment, so I'm having trouble seeing the pictures. But this sounds like it could be fun.
computer2much

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 05:09:33 pm »

thanks! i will remember to do those cheats. now, i will try to get another episode done, as i am reinspired by the last lost episode (does anyone here watch lost?! it was like WHAAAT?!)
computer2much

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 11:06:22 pm »

Gabriel sat up in his bed, sweating. Not out of heat, but out of deep and horribly terrifying concern. He ran to the bathroom, and splashed his face with cold water. "Just a dream. It was just a dream, nothing more. Just a dream." Gabe told himself, desperately trying to remind himself that the events which had occured in the dream were in fact, only in his head.

The dream however, would not allow Gabriel to rest. Every time he tried to sleep, the dream would only repeat itself in only more intense horror.

Gabe sat up and grabbed a glass of water from the kitchen. This dream certainly gave him PLENTY to think about. He looked up at the microwave. It read 1:12A. Yeah, definitely not going to school in the morning. he thought.

Each time Gabe tried to sleep, the dream would start again from the beginning:

Gabe would be sitting in Biology class, Dr. Farber babbling on about something that had probably had to do with Biology (a.k.a Gabriel could probably care less). Sean would walk in, and Dr. Farber would glare at him. He was almost twenty minutes late. Sean would then say to her "The Operative is Initiating. I need to talk to you about it after."

"Okay. your tardy is excused...and thank you. So much." Dr. Farber would reply.

Sean would take his seat next to Gabriel, and begin to copy the notes he had missed from what Dr. Farber had written on the chalkboard.

He turned to Gabriel.
"So..How's Fairvalley as compared to wherever you lived?" Sean asked, smiling.
Seeing that now I have friends, much better. Gabe thought, but before the words could escape his lips, Sean cut him off.

"Now how could someone as cute as you not have friends?" Sean said, smiling wider.

Gabe looked at Sean confusedly. So...how long have you lived in Fairvalley but before the thought was turned into words, Sean somehow heard it.

"Since forever. My family is the family that founded Fairvalley" Sean said, examining his black painted fingernails. "I really hate it here...there aren't any cute guys." then he turned to Gabriel. "Except you" he said softly.Then, suddenly, and without warning, Sean leaned in and kissed Gabriel right on the lips. It caught Gabe completely off guard, but once he got over the fact, he kissed back.

Even though they were sitting in the front row of the classroom, Dr. Farber, nor any of the students seemed to notice the two boys.  In fact, the classroom seemed to just melt away, and everything was just consumed by Sean's presence.

The first time Gabe went to sleep, the dream it was just a light peck on the cheeks. The Second time it was a peck on the lips. The third time, it was a long, romantic kiss. And the fourth and final time, the two boys were full blown making out. Gabriel couldn't decide what was more disconcerting..The fact that he wasn't disgusted by the thought of kissing Sean, or the fact that he actually wanted to.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 08:20:16 pm by computer2much » Logged
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 03:03:07 am »

Hmmm...
Not sure I'd call it scary yet. Unnerving dreams about schoolmate... we've all been there. Creepy mindreading schoolmate of the same sex is a bit new, but still...

Hopefully find more about the mysterious experiments and stuff soon.
computer2much

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 08:15:48 pm »

well the whole mindreading part was just an element of the dream. as for the science crap...i'd like to develop the characters a little more first. idk.
computer2much

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 07:01:57 pm »

even though i know people aren't readin' mah stories, it amuses me. so imunna keep writing. and uhh, sorry (if there is anyone that follows) for not posting. final exams + writer's block = not post.
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 09:01:13 pm »

You must have started this story when my internet was down, or I would have been reading.  But, I started tonight, and I really like it!  It's full of interesting elements that have my curiosity piqued.  Your writing is solid, flows well, and is enjoyable to read.  I laughed when you said that one picture didn't quite work.  Sometimes it's very hard to get your 'actors' to keep their cues, eh?  I have some trouble with that, too.  I would love for you to continue and will try to keep following.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
computer2much

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 12:52:20 pm »

haha thanks. yeah, i think i've got a good idea of what i want to do. I should have the episode finished by tonight.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: