Insimenator.org
May 08, 2024, 12:08:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freetime killed all my Sims games  (Read 1683 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JoDawn

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2008, 05:56:18 pm »

I have a brand new laptop with great specs and I never had a lick of trouble with the Sims until Freetime came out. It crashed constantly. So I uninstalled Freetime AND all of my old Sims games and reinstalled all of them except Freetime and they still crash, which they had never done before. It crashes with CC and without.

I haven't played in forever and I'm really mad that my games are all ruined now. Any advice? Freetime seems to have ruined my game.
freshsfs2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 07:08:21 am »

I know it's a little after the fact but the exact same thing happened to me. I tryed every combo I could think of to get my game from crashing. In the end, before I completely made a mess of my game, I installed SimPE and extracted all my sims back into my Cas and BS bins. Then (removed the folder and put it on desktop) and uninstalled everything-never reinstalling FT. I found instructions on how to do this from MTS2 Wiki help section. I lost all of my sims relationships, memories and houses of course but I salvaged my sims.

My game still crashes at the start, so I still have problems. I have done all the things you can think of too. I think I should have done something to the registry to remove the last associated files, but I am worried that this will dammage my computer. Anyway, since you where in the almost same position I thought I would mention this. I did recover most of my sims and I have used SimPE to repair their relationships.

The American ideal, after all, is that everyone should be as much alike as possible.  James Baldwin
JoDawn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 09:44:58 am »

Thanks. I'll try this. I'm just mad this happened. I'd love to have never bought that EP, but I'd never had a reason to distrust them before.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 09:50:50 am »

did you install the game with the CC in your downloads folder the first time? might have been a hack or something that messed up the installation (I always move out all the downloads before installing new EP's, and when I've finished the installation, I put a few of them back -to get the CC box up, load the game, enable CC, quit, put the CC back in, load the game and play)

also, if you've ever installed mods where you had to put files in other folders, those can cause problems when you install a new EP (like camera mods, etc.)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 09:53:19 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
JoDawn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 07:03:48 pm »

Actually, I uninstalled it without any CC; I got it all actually off my computer by saving it on a disk and wiped it all clean. I use Clean Pack, too. But thanks for the suggestion.
freshsfs2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 07:18:55 pm »

Quote from: JoDawn;1233976
Thanks. I'll try this. I'm just mad this happened. I'd love to have never bought that EP, but I'd never had a reason to distrust them before.

I hear you! The worst thing for me is my own greed. My game worked fine with all my hacks until I unstalled the "Carrigon's hack" for keeping NPCs of my lots. (you know-the ones that show up constantly to alert your sims they have recieved a high level in a hobby.) Now my game is still unstable. It crashes every other time I try to play it. Although once I get into the game it works perfectly fine.

I know one thing, I probably will NEVER reinstall FT again. I have spent the last two weeks just trying to rebuild everything I lost. Thankfully I saved all my CC so that was repairable. But once I reinstalled everything I forgot to take out some CC for FT-thus causing my game to crash. Now that it's gone, something deep down is still corupt and I don't know how to repair it. It sucks!

The American ideal, after all, is that everyone should be as much alike as possible.  James Baldwin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: