Insimenator.org
May 13, 2024, 02:20:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ack! Bodyshop Errors  (Read 2124 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
hucklekree

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2008, 04:51:26 pm »

Hello everyone! This is my first post and unfortunately it pertains to an ugly situation and for that I apologize. Let me first say that I hope my next posts are upbeat and productive.
Alright, I've been having this issue with Body shop for awhile. It will work fine for a month or two after I reinstall my games and then all of a sudden for no apparent reason it won't start up. I really would rather not have to reinstall everything again... So if any of you lovely people wouldn't mind helping this newbie out I'd much appreciate it!

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 04:54:04 pm »

Take a look at this post (it's about 1/2 way down the page ) Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
hucklekree

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 04:57:32 pm »

Thanks so much! I'll give it a try :oD

hucklekree

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 09:17:55 pm »

I tried what was suggested and still no luck. Is there maybe something else that would be preventing start up of body shop?\

I'm not really sure what triggered it. But what happens when I start BS up is that it loads half way and then the screen goes blue and another window opens saying that the application has crashed.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 09:20:24 pm by hucklekree » Logged

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 10:28:44 pm »

One thing EA doesn't do when you install new EPs is update any shortcuts you have to Bodyshop.  It's easy for overlook manually updating the shortcut and end up running the wrong version of Bodyshop.

Make sure you are running the correct version by using the Start Menu/EA Games//Bodyshop.
hucklekree

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 11:13:09 pm »

Thanks for the reply ancient highway but I've already checked that out. :oD

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 04:22:18 am »

also delete the ContentRegistry file.

I usually clean up the projects folder after every time I use it. I save the files I've put layers on (photoshop files), and delete everything else. then I delete the groups/accessory/contentregistry/cigen files.

and remember that the more CC you've got, the longer it takes for bodyshop to start. it is generally very slow. I started it yesterday with almost no CC (only a couple of meshes and the clothing I was working on), and it still took some time before it showed up. just be patient and it will show up (unless it's being buggy...).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 04:27:01 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
hucklekree

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 05:23:04 pm »

Thanks for the help!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: