Insimenator.org
May 15, 2024, 11:49:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Meshes and Recolours Dying!! Bodyshop Problems...  (Read 1806 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Angel_2365

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2008, 05:13:12 pm »

I have a problem, whenever I make a new mesh or recolour, it comes out looking all pixalated and bad and if I keep recolouring it eventually disappears and I am left with a floating head. I'm hoping somebody could help me fix this problem. Thanx

-Angel
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 03:31:42 pm by Angel_2365 » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 07:07:35 pm »

FOR FURNITURE/SimPE:

use the DXT recoloring if you use SimPE. the "export texture" makes the testures more blurry. the DXT is a separate download, but I think the link should be at the SimPE site.

I have to say at once that I'm no expert in this, but the DXT1 is mostly for textures that don't need transparent textures, but you have to use DXT3 for textures WITH transparency (though they make slightly bigger files). not sure about DXT5, since I never use it.

also save the files in PNG 24-bit (for photoshop, it's the shortcut ctrl+alt+shift+S, and then a new window pops up that lets you save in this format). PNG gives better result than JPG, since JPG takes down the quality even though you choose the highest quality.

FOR BODYSHOP:
save in the right format for bodyshop (BMP, I think. as long as there's no layers in the picture, it should save as this).

and whatever you do - DON'T use windows paint as the picture editing programe. then your textures are doomed from the start.

and it helps if you post pictures of how you do the recoloring when textures comes out blurry.  (printscreen button/paste into new document in painting/picture editing programme). it's a bit hard to know what's wrong if we can't see it with our own eyes, you know.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Angel_2365

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 08:58:04 pm »

Sorry, I don't mean recolouring furniture.I'll try and get some pics of my work, i use gimp to recolour things, how do I save that to make it look right? and for Bodyshop, how do you save it BMP?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 09:16:09 pm by Angel_2365 » Logged
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 09:50:04 pm »

Angel, have you checked this out?  Wink

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 05:37:34 am »

never used gimp myself, but if you're recoloring outfits, you should save one document with the layers OR the original texture that you're using (I'm not sure whether Gimp supports layers), and use this as a base for future projects. don't overuse the textures in the project folder, or they will most likely become blurry.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Angel_2365

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 07:57:39 pm »

IT WORKS!!! Thank yo so much Tenshii Akari, my bodyshop is working perfectly now!!!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 08:22:07 pm »

No problemo.  Though next time, you might also want to consider leaving your original post up, just in case someone else comes along with the same problem.  You're not only getting help yourself, but also helping others with the same question.  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: