Insimenator.org
May 10, 2024, 11:25:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Insimenator and Freetime  (Read 4524 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Missaldith

View Profile WWW
« on: May 15, 2008, 02:50:36 pm »

Oh my oh my. Today I installed Freetime but most of my downloaded stuff have gone and I don`t even have the insimenator or my posing boxes as well as other mods and hacks anymore.

dynasty

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 02:53:18 pm »

if it still in your downloads folder? make sure you enable the custom content!!!! but take the insimenator out before that because you know it is stimm incompatible with FT Wink

Check my sims out!
Missaldith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 04:55:05 pm »

I have all the hacks and mods in my downloadfolder and I also enabled it but it doesn`t show up. I think I have to uninstall until I can, (hopefully can) use them again.
Thanks for your reply

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 09:23:43 pm »

Ft disable the cc by default when installing it.

You must enable it then quit the game and restart it for the cc to show up.

While you are at it, make sure all the cc you have is FT compatible.  Many objects and mods were in need of updates to be compatible with that ep and for all the menus to show correctly.
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 07:55:45 am »

I have been so nervous about installing FT or K&B because of all the things I'd have to root through to see if they even still worked. I hope you're able to quickly fix this!

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 08:07:25 am »

I had the same experience, but installed FT and K&B, anyway. As a matter of course, when I do that first I remove the hack-type mods and put them in one at a time to check for problems. In the case of InSim, we are all forewarned. Anyway, what happened is some of my clothing mods seemed to disappear, but actually they just had the wrong picture associated in CAS, etc. I think maybe either FT or K&B may have used the same GUID as the mods, which at the time of the mod were unique. So, the clothes are still there, I just have to learn which is which because they all have the same pic and it isn't the one that matches the mod.
dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 11:27:01 am »

I have FT and K&B and i have the patch for FT and for K&B.I noticed the last couple of times i started my game i have to enable cc.It's might be a new way for the games or it might be one of the patches i installed.

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 11:33:05 am »

Im scared to install anything above bon voyage as ive had trouble with custom content, so your quite brave to do it.
Missaldith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 06:33:44 pm »

I was so annoyed because no matter what I did, my cc and mods/hacks didn`t show up. Not even a modbox for Freetime, so I have put Freetime away untill it works with all the content I love so much. I uninstalled it and put the old folders back so now I`m back with Bon Voyage.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 05:33:08 am »

there's the sim blender at simbiology.com. it has some of the functions for insim (though not all).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
MacJake

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 03:50:15 pm »

You know once you've done the things mentioned above, if still doesn't work, this trick always works for me. Remove your downloads folder, just cut/paste to your desktop. Then run Bodyshop, just wait till it loads up completely, then close it, and you should have a new Downloads folder. All you have to do now, is just copy/paste everything from the old folder on your desktop into the new folder you just created. Fire up the game and everything should be there.

A lot of the appliances/electronics/etc are fairly easy to update for Freetime if you have a basic knowledge of SimPe. There's a couple of threads over at Maty that explains it very well. I did my own. There's also a modder over there that has done a bunch of them already, and are being offered for download.

The SimBlender tool is really great, as theraven just said. It's new and I've just started using it myself, it's from twojeffs over at Simbology. Make sure you do your homework if you want to use it,  but a great tool.

Always keep your hacks/mods in a separate folder and appropriately named, then it's really easy and convenient to access them and update as need. Anything that isn't yet updated, or is not being updated by the creator or someone else, chuck it, you can live without it.

The game is not going to fix itself, you have to do it.

securom.NOT

accompanied by lots of sword waving and whatnot
Missaldith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 02:29:52 pm »

Thank you. I am not so used to SimPe but I can export a sim to BS and change family options.
I`ll go and look at Maty and twojeffs. I have learned a lesson and save all mods/hacks in a special folder.
Thanks again. Your answer is much appreciated

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: