Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 08:09:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims Gone Awry  (Read 1311 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
delamom

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2008, 03:43:16 pm »

A few months back I lost 2 neighborhoods. I think they are strangerhood and the one where the brokes live. No big deal.

The bigger problem is I can no longer build on an empty residential lot or move a family into one. I try but it just keeps trying to load then it pops right back to the neighborhood.

Has anyone ever had any of these problems? Tech support was absolutely no help. I don't think there is a cookie cutter response for them to give me.

I had uninstalled everything and then reinstalled it all. No luck. I uninstalled everything and did a file search to make sure there were no odd files that didn't belong. Still no luck. I am at my wits end. :angryfir:

I appreciate any responses especially the helpful ones!!! LOL..

Kathie

Kathie
:spanish:
gali

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 06:18:36 pm »

To lose two pre-made hoods (Pleasantview and Strangetown) IS a big deal. Your game went "puff"...Smiley.

You have to reinstall your game from the base TS2 game. Delete the EA folder which is Program Files, because it doesn't have anymore the correct number of neighbourhoods. Thus, when installing the game again, it will demand to be patched from the beginning.

Save your Downloads folder in a separate place. Check if all your hacks are updated for the EP you have and play.

Test the game without any custom content or hacks. Check if all 4 neighbourhoods appear, and if you can build on an empty lot and can move a family to a lot. If you can - exit the lot without save, to leave the hood in it's original condition.

I suggest you, to copy and paste in a separate place the folder "Neibourhoods" - to have a backup of the original hoods, in case your game go "puff" again.

Open a new hood, exit, and paste your downloads folder WITHOUT the hacks. Allow use of custom content. Exit.

Enter again. Create a "tester" sim. Build a small house with default furniture, and try to move your "tester" in. If you succeed - there is no problem with your custom content, but your hacks.

Create a sub-folder, named "hacks", in your Downloads folder. Paste there only the updated hacks for the EP you play. Restart computer.

Enter the game, pull your "tester" to the Family Bin, package the lot you built (from the hood view, click on the *, and ask to package the lot to a file). This will open the Packaged Lots folder.

Move to any hood, and package any community lot to a file.

Buldoze the house you built, and exit the game.

Enter your Packaged Lots folder, and install the two lots you packaged. They will be seen in the Houses Bin. Restart computer (Securom, if you play BV).

Enter the game, paste the installed packaged lots, and try to move the "tester" in. If you succeed - try on your "tester" all the hacks you pasted, like "change appereance", "buy clothes", "call service", "call taxi - go to community lot", etc.

From now on, you have to paste only one hack at a time, and test it immediately, thus you are sure that you don't have any hack conflict.

Hope it helps.
mixme

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 07:09:50 am »

take   everything off and   run  virus checker  load games  on,

go to    your  hard drive  and  seee if  its  full  if  it is  that means
you  have no space   for  it   get  rid  of  it and  it will  work again

if  not set it back your  computer  to factory  settings but  you  should  ask
a  friend  before you do to see  if  its  right to do so...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: