Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 10:22:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Why wont this sim go into my game?  (Read 3973 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2008, 01:57:58 pm »

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=81360

I keep getting a message saying "this needs expansion data that is not installed". It doesnt say in the thread that you need anything? . I download with winrar, if im to download with another one, then ill need someone to explain how i dont know how to switch over should this be nessasarry. Im so frustrated that it doesnt seem to be working for me.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Woot it worked, I found a way, shes even better in game as well!!!.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 03:16:11 am by simpleprincess » Logged
gali

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 02:25:05 pm »

You will get this message, when the sim has outfit, or default hair that belongs to an EP that you don't have (for instance, I don't have Seasons, and the downloaded sim wears a default Season winter clothes).

Right click on the zipped file (the winrar), and choose "open with" - scroll to Sim 2 Pack installer. I hope you have it.

A window will be openned, with all the custom content the sim has. Uncheck the clothing and the hair, to prevent their installing, with hope that the sim will be installed with default Maxis clothes and hair.
Click on "install".

Open the Body Shop, and search for the sim, who may appear bald, or naked, lol. Nevertheless clone it, and see if you can add hair, clothes and makeup. If you can - do it, and finish (close window). Select now "package a sim", and click on the "madeover sim". The package will be placed on your desktop.

Double click on the package, and install again the madeover sim.

If you can't add clothing or hair, don't be frustrated: enter the game, choose "create a sim", and no matter in what condition you find it (usually I find only the head, lol) - choose the face, and you will be able to add clothing and hair.

Hard work, but if you want that sim badly, it's worth it...Smiley.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 03:03:56 pm »

I t wont let me open with, it shows a blank page. very strange, I hope the sauthor is able to let me know what expansions she used and I can see if I can work with it.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 03:32:46 pm »

maybe you should try installing the sim with clean installer? or try redownloading the sim.

good luck

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 06:04:53 pm »

Clean installer will let you install the sim even if you do not have all the ep's but it won't appear as it is in the thread you downloaded it from.

You can get the clean installer at mts2 website.  Direct link to it on their main page.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 03:24:29 am »

Its werid though as the author in the thread says she didnt use any eps?
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 07:39:16 pm »

She did not mention anything about ep's which does not mean she did not had any install.

She probably simply forgot to mention it.  Again, with Clean installer you should be able to install that sim with no problems since it does not care which ep you have or don't have.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 03:31:16 pm »

My downloads are set to winrar, Im still having trouble with the blank screen.
Ill keep at it, Id rather get the whole thing in if I could.lol.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 03:16:49 am »

Woot it worked, I found a way, shes even better in game as well!!!. and I have all of her not just some of her!!!!.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 03:36:13 am »

Congrats!!  :clapp:

I had that problem once myself. Very frustrating.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 10:02:30 am »

Where is the neighbourhood data?  i want to restore pleasantview, ive got no custom neighbourhood so im fine.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 04:06:46 pm »

MyDocuments/EAGames/TheSims2/Neighborhoods/N001

The Sims 3.........NO!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 05:52:08 pm »

Actually the data you want to COPY is in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods\N001.  You will copy it to MyDocuments\EAGames\TheSims2\Neighborhoods\N001

If you move it, you'll never be able to restore the neighborhood again unless you reinstall it from the CD.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 05:59:52 pm »

I never knew that.

I'm lucky I go near the Program Files.

If I copy N003 from Program files to MyDocuments, will the houses and Sims I created/downloaded still be there, or will I have to start over again?

I know it says, UserData.

The Sims 3.........NO!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2008, 06:18:10 pm »

In theory, if you just copy the lots from the PF path, the original lots and your existing custom lots will appear.  In practice, with the way Maxis has found so many ways to break their own game, anything could happen.

The safe thing to do would be to package the lots you want to save, restore the neighborhood, then reinstall the packaged lots.  This would be after deleting the neighborhood files in the My Doc's path.  If you decide to copy the hood over top of the existing hood, make sure you back up your game files first.  You could save yourself the package and install steps, or you could corrupt the hood so badly you have to delete everything and start over again....or restore that handy backup.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: