Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 08:31:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Object crashes PLEASE HELP  (Read 1490 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Cruxshadow

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2008, 05:18:08 pm »

Hey guys

I have a problem with the objects ive downloaded, they crash the game at its title screen whenever i start.

I know that objects are doing this because when i took them out the game works perfectly fine. I thought that the objects from the one particular site was the issue (reflex sims) but i was incorrect, the crash occurs no matter what object is in the folder.

I recently reinstalled the sims 2, university, nightlife and open for business i did not have this problem previously and i have the latest drivers for my video card.

Help would be greatly appreciated!
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 05:35:12 pm »

You probably have objects that require an ep you don't have.  What comes to mind is Pets.  Make sure to not download pets compatible items, as pets added new game play options that would not work for you.  Unless you had an ep after pets, then it might.

What you now need to do is a) either scrap it all or b) start putting small amounts in until it crashes, then you will isolate the problem objects.

EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 05:35:19 pm »

Make sure you've got the right EP's for the objects. Mine used to crash because I've downloaded the wrong object.

Then delete your groups.cache
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 05:37:47 pm by EKozski » Logged

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Cruxshadow

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 05:37:59 pm »

thanks for you response

i have already tried scapping ALL my downloads this is how i found out that object were causing this issue

but it crashes with ANY object i use

and i always make sure i have the necessary eps for anything i download
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 04:18:26 am »

do you have hacks installed? they're even more troublesome than objects when it comes to compatible EP's.

remove the objects that are causing problems. if they won't work/crash your game, then they're not worth having in the DL folder.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: