Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 02:25:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: the free time "patch" has completely destroyed my game  (Read 4443 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nocturna76

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2008, 01:25:01 am »

so, i finally had all my problems fixed, even the blue screening problem, & all my mods worked & everything: life was peachy....then i downloaded the so-called "patch" for free time....& now everything is destroyed!!!!

the custom content (including any insim options) won't show up in the catalogs, no matter how many times i recopy the folder into the game (which was always what fixed it before)...& all the custom content that i already had in the game is now blinking blue, even AFTER adding the newest CEP...

so is there any way at all to de-patch the game (though i seriously doubt that) or is my only choice to uninstall & reinstall free time, without patching it, & therefore lose each & every one of my neighborhoods....someone tell me there's some other solution!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 02:01:08 am »

Did you enable custom content after patching and restart your game?  I'm not sure if this step is needed with a patch, but it couldn't hurt.  Also make sure the option to display CC in the catalog is enabled.
evilrobyn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 02:01:37 am »

Have you re-enabled custom content? I know I had to, and my content is running fine.
nocturna76

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 02:13:59 am »

eabling CC & setting it to display is always the first thing i do with a patch or new xp...the weird thing is, my sims themselves still have the custom content they were made with, but the objects won't show up at all in the catalogs, & the custom objects that were already in the game, are all blinky blue
evilrobyn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 02:17:50 am »

That is weird the only other thing I can suggest it delete the cas thumbnails file, I find when the game reloads, that fixes weird problems.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 05:18:13 am »

It sounds like you have the SecuRom thing invade your computer..and if that's the case, I'm very sorry..there's little you can do about that-you might go looking around to see if these problems are fixable with a uninstall. MATY is a good place to start.
Damned patch is making everyone's life miserable and still EA will not remove it from the official site. Their BBS is overwhelmed with people complaining about it-and yet they ignore it.
Good going, EA, you're destroying your own game for the sake of profits.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 07:30:51 am »

Are you sure it's SecuRom affecting the gameplay?  I thought it only effected certain computer components, like preventing the disk from reading at all and such... :scratch:  (Not that I'm defending the dern thing... it needs to burn.  :evil:)

Either way, if enabling custom content, turning off the content pop-up in the options menu, and restarting the game doesn't help return your custom items back to normal, it's still EA's fault for breaking your game.  :lol:

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 10:00:19 am »

Take the downloads folder out of the game completely.  Delete the cache files and thumbnails. Start the game, then quit it.  Put Downloads back into the game and give it another go.  

For the last couple of EPs, this technique that has no rhyme nor reason has fixed many CC missing problems.
street07

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 01:03:06 pm »

FYI I just noticed, the Free Time patch will also remove your Camera mods back to default.

I am stranded...Caught in the crossfire
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: