Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 01:31:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: invisible npcs in dorm  (Read 2718 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nocturna76

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2008, 10:47:13 pm »

ok, so i begin again with saying that after installing free time, i finally fixed it so my mods work, my cc shows up again, & i stop blue screening..

then i added the patch & had to fix all that stuff all over again, tho it is now thankfully fixed yet again...

however, 1 more small problem remains, i mean, yeah, i can still play the game, it's mainly just an annoyance, (since i hate all the townies/npcs anyway):
but what's happening is that the townies in the dorm keep fading away into nothingness, going invisible, which i've seen happen 1 other time, & it was in a 14 room dorm...now i'm playin in a 30 room dorm (i'm tryin to make it realistic, since my dorm in real life had 350 rooms, not 6 or 8 or whatever other numbers come with the game)...& now it's even affecting the cafeteria worker...u can see the dishes when she's cookin/servin/cleanin up food, but she herself is invisible..it's very weird...is this mainly because of the game only bein able to have a certain number of sims on a lot, so it's just invis'ing the others to remain within it's own preset maxis parameters, or is there another reason i might be missing?...anyone else have this happen or know how to fix it?
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 11:49:41 pm »

I'm going to take a stab at this and say, the game configures how many NPC's you can have on a lot due to your video card.

Personally, I've never seen or watched any vanish on my screen.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 12:48:13 am »

Unless you have a really super video configuration, trying to run 30 dormies, player characters, plus NPCs is playing havoc with what is visible and not visible in your game.  I can only imagine the lag you may be experiencing.

Try going into a dorm of 6 or 8 that Maxis provided and see if you are experiencing the same problems.
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 02:11:53 am »

There's an article at Sims2wiki that deals with invisible NPCs and what to do about it:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Corrupted_Objects.package
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 02:14:33 am by Prudensh » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: