Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 05:06:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47
  Print  
Author Topic: Little Fire Burning (Ch. 85: Till death do us part *23.Apr 16*)  (Read 250572 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sims2Junkie1984

Im I Going Mad, Crazy, or Nuts??? You Decide!!!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2008, 12:52:25 am »

i cant wait for the next chapter!

Up! Down! Up! When Im up down touch the ground it puts me in the mood. Up, down touch the ground in the mood *smacks lips twice* for food. *giggles* I am stout, round and I have found speaking poundage wise, I improve my appitite when I exersize.

~ Pooh Bear
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2008, 11:36:23 am »

thanks everyone Smiley

I'll try to do a couple of chapters this weekend. I have a feeling that with almost two years of schoolwork put into only one school year (according to my teacher) will take up a lot of my time, so it's best to do it while I can still enjoy a quiet weekend...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Devomuffins

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2008, 02:59:25 pm »

YAY! chapter!
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2008, 11:32:09 am »

LOL!  That was a great teaser theraven.  Hopefully poor Aiden will survive all this!

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2008, 01:04:36 pm »

I'll try to get the next chapter up soon. I'm almost done with the pics, but becuase of my (still) extremely slow computer, pictures takes at least three times the time as with any other computer...

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
kstradleigh

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2008, 10:19:51 am »

Wuh, guh, WAAAH!
I read the last of it! NOOOOO!

*kstradleigh gets out pitchfork and torch*
upload another chapter....or else! :chainsaw:
and
NO KILLING :angel:AIDEN!:angel:

Isn't something missing? Isn't someone missing me?
~Missing by Evanescence
teralis

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2008, 06:43:52 pm »

No! I can't wait for the next chapter!
Praying for Aiden!

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: September 02, 2008, 11:44:24 am »

updated the ch.9 pictures Smiley

this time I just want to finish the pictures for ch.10 before posting it. I feel it's a bit important, since the pics in that chapter are very important for the story... I've got a lot to do right now, since school has started, so I'll probably only have the wekends free to work on the story pictures.
(Now I'm officially a 3D animation student, so hopefully it's not long until I can make my own Sims2 CC - or until I can finally get a few of my movie ideas out of my head, or some of my stories in "live action" Cheesy)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 04:30:11 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

arielle22

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 03, 2008, 06:44:08 pm »

where did you get the happy raindrop set

Whoops!<br />didn\'t mean to push that button...<br /><br />BACKSPACE
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 03, 2008, 06:57:33 pm »

Sweet :thumbup:

No longer active
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2008, 11:43:49 am »

thanks for the comments everyone Smiley

(I actually managed to make my first animations today at school - even though we've not really learned how to do it yet Cheesy. A chicken with blinking eyes, one with a man slipping on a banana peel - though without the banana peel itself Cheesy, and a dog lying down on the gound while wagging it's tail. The characters are just simple meshes yet - boxes and spheres, but it's fun anyway. And it was only my fourth day working with 3D max, so I'm a bit proud of myself Cheesy)

Arielle, I got the raindrop set somewhere among the room pictures at either http://www.sims2community.com or http://www.sims2supernova.com - but it might have been uploaded at MTS2 too.

and I promise that my next post will be an update - as long as my computer co-operates...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 04:28:32 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Eimz08

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 08, 2008, 11:21:26 am »

sorry about the other  comment about love listen to john lennon gets my all sad and werid but stil you should right books in rl i would be the first person to buy them
                          loner at 13
by the way where did u get angela baby outfit in Anns diary tear tear i cried at that too
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 11:23:03 am by Eimz08 » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: September 08, 2008, 01:30:11 pm »

thanks Smiley
If it's the infant outfit you mean, it's the last one here

and the next chapter will be up sometime the next hour. Loading the pics to photobucket now Smiley
it's a long chapter - to make up for the long wait Smiley

EDIT: sorry - I had net problems...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 12:34:53 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

arielle22

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 08, 2008, 09:45:41 pm »

its been more than an hour

lol

this waiting is KILLING me

Whoops!<br />didn\'t mean to push that button...<br /><br />BACKSPACE
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: September 09, 2008, 12:14:46 am »

Sorry for the long wait. Been extremely busy with school and other things, and been having problemswith my net and my computer today. I might have to take a complete restart on the thing... Sad.  To make it good, here's another very long chapter Cheesy

*posts chapter and goes into hiding - you'll see why...*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHAPTER 10: Purple wands do not work magic
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea how I got home alive and in one piece after hearing what the doctor had to say.

One moment I sat stunned on a chair in his office, and the next I slammed the car door shut after me in the garage. The time between was mostly gone from my memory. All that was left was the talk with Dr. Walters.
And the questions.

Looking at my watch, I realized I had sat in the car for at least half an hour at the parking lot outside the hospital before I had calmed down my thoughts enough to start the car.
I also faintly remembered I had almost hit a street light on the way home.
"I'm afraid it's bad news Jenna," he had said. Not only bad. Nightmarish.
I mentally shook my head, trying to get at least some reality back into it, and opened the hallway door.
Right inside it, Aidan was sleeping in his stroller.

I tiptoed past him, almost tripping over Peter's suitcase. He had apparently just come home with the children, because the hallway looked like the usual tornado attack.
For once I ignored the mess. I needed to speak with my family.
"How did it go?" Peter asked as I entered the kitchen. He must have done the dishes from that morning, because he was drying his hands on a towel and there were no signs of dirty cups or plates anywhere, even though there had been a stack large enough to compete with the Leaning Tower of Pisa in the sink before I left the house.

I looked at him, and all of a sudden tears started forming in my eyes. The lump in my throat hindered speaking.
"That bad?" Peter whispered, as the towel slipped from his fingers. He put his arm around me, and drew me into a tight hug.
"He's got... he's..." I tried to say, but by mouth just didn't want to work.
"There, there. Just calm down, Jenna. What did the doctor say?"
Peter sounded all other than calm.

I had to swallow several times before I managed to say anything.
"He... he's got a muscle disease called... called... Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy," I finally managed.
Peter's face went white.
"Duchenne?"
"You've heard of it?" I asked, surprised he knew of it.

"Yes... One of my colleagues had a boy with the disease. He... he ended up in a wheelchair, and... and got problems breathing. He... he was twenty-three when... when he...." his voice faltered.
I looked at him, and just sank into his arms, crying.
Just then, Tony came in.
"Why are you crying?" he asked, his face filled with worry.

I swallowed, trying to control myself.
"Can you find the girls, Tony?" I said, and dried my eyes. "There's something important I have to tell you all."
As Tony went into the living room, Peter touched my shoulder. "Are you sure it's a good idea to tell them?"

I looked him in the eyes. "They have a right to know. He's their brother."
"You don't think it's a better idea to wait ? you know, to let ourselves get used to the thought first?"
"It won't help. And I will never get used to the thought that our son is sick. You of all should know this."
I picked up Aidan, and carried the sleepy little boy with me into the living room. In his sleep he snuggled up to me, hair tufts tickling my neck. I kissed the top of his head, wondering if he would ever be able to forgive me. His life hadn't been easy up until now, and it was about to get even more difficult.
In the couch, Lily and Erica were in the middle of one of their daily arguments. More of a fight, to be honest, shouting at each other and waving their hands around.

They had most likely played princesses or fairy tea party, or something of the sort, because both of them were dressed up in pink tutus, carrying purple wands with big pink stars on them. The living room looked horrible, since they had used the sofa pillows to build a pillow castle which had collapsed all over the floor. Tony effectively separated the catfight by sitting down in the middle of the girls. Lily peeked out from Tony's back, and stuck out her tongue out loudly to Erica, who answered back the same way.
"Girls, stop that," I said, and handed a still sleepy Aidan to his big brother. Aidan curled up on Tony's lap and continued slumbering.  

"What was it you had to tell us, mom?" Tony asked, putting Aidan into a more comfortable position in his arms.
"It's about your brother," I said, and nodded toward Aidan.

"Does he need another surgery or something?" Tony asked and looked down at Aidan, worry in his eyes.
"No. Not now, anyway. It's..."
I didn't know how to say it.
How do you tell your children their brother is dying?
"Aidan is sicker than we first thought. He..." I struggled to explain this so the girls also would understand, while at the same time fighting with the tears threatening to break out again.

"He's... very sick. The doctor said he has a disease that makes his muscles weaken, little by little. It's not so easy to see it now, but when he grows a bit older he will have problems walking. He will most likely have to use a wheelchair soon."
"Almost like great-gramps?" Erica asked, talking about Peter's only surviving grandparent; now quite sick and immobile, living out his last days in a nursing home.

"Yes, almost like him. Only... only faster. Great-gramps didn't need a wheelchair until he was very old. Aidan will most likely need one when he's around eleven or twelve, maybe before. And... and after a time, he will get troubles breathing... and... and such. The... the doctor said Aidan most likely won't grow much older than..." I swallowed. "...Than twenty."
The girls frowned. To them, twenty years probably felt like an eternity. For Tony, not so much. He was already well over halfway there.  
"But... but... why?" Tony asked, tears forming in his eyes.

"I don't know."
I didn't lie, not really. I just couldn't tell them about the genetic test Dr. Walters had insisted on. Not until I was sure, anyway. The thought that I might be the cause of Aidan's disease was unbearable. I still didn't have a faintest idea how Aidan had gotten the disease, other than the knowledge of it being some kind of a genetic mutation, usually transferred from mother to son. But to my knowledge everyone else in our family had been healthy, so where could it have come from? In some cases it could be a random mutation, but the doctor had wanted to test me just in case. If it turned out I was a carrier, the girls could also be.
"Can't the doctors do something about it?" Tony asked, taking a firmer grip around Aidan's hand. "Medicine, or... or... anything?"

"There... there are no cures for this disease," I said. "Not at the moment, anyway. A few things may help to halt the disease, but not by much. Physiotherapy is one of those things. The doctor said some medications might help a little - but none will cure him, and... and he will get worse even if he use them."
Tony stared into open air, and I could see he was struggling to swallow what I had said. Tears were running down his cheeks in a stream now.

Erica just looked at me, then at Aidan, and I had no idea whether she understood what I had told them, much beyond that their brother was very sick. She hadn't even started school yet, still at the age where the only things she should have to worry about was playing and having fun.

"Aidan sick?" Lily asked, tears dripping down on the couch.
I felt so sorry for my little girl right then. I had spent too much of my time with my youngest son lately, almost forgetting he had a twin sister who also needed her mother.
I lifted Lily out of the couch, wrapped my arms around her, giving her a long hug.
"Aidan is very sick," I said.

I didn't tell them this to scare them, but I wanted my children to know the truth. I wanted them to know why their mommy had to be there for their youngest brother right now. The knowledge would be a burden for all of them, not just for me and Peter. I just had to hope they could handle it.

Lily wriggled out of my hands, and walked over to Aidan. She took out the purple wand, looked at it, and touched it to Aidan's forehead.
"Plink. Now Aidan is better," she said happily, and crawled up into the couch again, sitting down beside Tony, smiling wide.

I almost smiled, but my mouth didn't seem to work. Lily and Aidan loved each other, and apart from occasional friendly teasing they'd never had a fight I'd seen. I knew how Lily hated seeing her twin brother being sick.
"Thanks for trying, but I'm afraid it's not that easy, Lily," I said, stroking her cheek.
She stared at me solemnly, and tears appeared in her eyes.

I swallowed.
"But I wish it was..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(like I said - *goes into hiding*)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 11:52:13 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47
  Print  

Jump to: