Insimenator.org
May 12, 2024, 01:10:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Repricing Lots  (Read 1677 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
puppyluver0811

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2008, 12:20:29 am »

I downloaded a lot, but it is prices at $800,000,000 simoleans!! no one can move in and it is an amazing house!!

please help!

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away[/I]
April

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 12:37:36 am »

I`m not sure if you can do that. Because the price of the lot depends on the content that came with it. I suggest that you can activate the cheat "familyfunds" so you can move a family in there :]

+| Flickr | SimPage |+
Life is better when it's upside-down.
puppyluver0811

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 01:31:33 am »

thanks!

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away[/I]
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 02:56:44 am »

Usually lots priced at some ridiculously high price like that is because it's for an EP you don't have.  If you try to enter the lot, it will crash.  You're choices are to get the EP required for the lot or take it out of your game.
Neptune

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 03:37:02 am »

This has happened to me before as well.  You will probably just have to delete it, unless you know which expansion pack you need, and are willing to buy it.

You could request a similar house in the request thread - one which will work in your game, or maybe ask the creator if they would consider redoing it using the AnyGameStarter at MTS2. No guarantees but worth a try if you really love the house.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 03:57:38 am »

That happened to a house with me.

Weird part is, I needed Nightlife, which I have plus, OFB.

So, I downloaded it thinking I was safe. I was, until I tried to enter the house-I crashed. So I got rid of it.

Must've been something hi-poly in it. Because it did come furnished.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 06:25:02 am »

Some creators do not list what expansions they used to make a house-I've downloaded a couple that crashed spectacularly on my computer-found out that the house needed the previous EP, which the creator did not mention, and I assumed wrongly that it would work in my game, which did not have said EP.
I do wish that all house creators would list all of the expansions they have to make houses-so the people who want houses would be able to find those that will work in their games. It is a pain in the rear to download a house only to find it doesn't work, and you have to go through all kinds of hoops to remove it.
The last time it happened, I had to remove hundreds of empty files from the game when it installed..it took me half the day to do it, too!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: